AFE transmission pan and heat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey looking to cool the transmission on a 2013 raptor, seen the afe power transmission pan. Question is does that pan actually cool better ? Does anyone have any real world with the pan?

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey looking to cool the transmission on a 2013 raptor, seen the afe power transmission pan. Question is does that pan actually cool better ? Does anyone have any real world with the pan?
I added this pan and the double sized cooler to help with my tranny temps while towing in the Rocky Mountains. I did them at the same time, so I can't quantify JUST the pan, but I CAN tell you that my tranny temps are far more under control now.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added this pan and the double sized cooler to help with my tranny temps while towing in the Rocky Mountains. I did them at the same time, so I can't quantify JUST the pan, but I CAN tell you that my tranny temps are far more under control now.
Yeah I'm going to do the larger cooler as well

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I'm going to do the larger cooler as well

It made a difference. Pre mods the only problems I've had were a couple times I got stuck in traffic heading up long mountain hills while towing my toyhauler - just not enough air to cool things. The tranny got hot enough that I had to pull over. Tranny still gets warm under similar conditions, but I haven't had any scares since the two modifications. The pan also let me install a separate tranny temp gauge. Keep in mind, I'm talking about some decent pulls up through the Rocky Mountains, not just hilly driving.

AJS44

Reaction score
I have the pan and a mishimoto trans cooler and I still get high temps but it cools back down a little quicker.. no huge difference