aFe intake = LESS power??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed the stage 2 aFe intake. Other than that the motor/exhaust is stock.
I noticed a definite DECREASE in acceleration/power between 35-60 mph when at wide open throttle (4000-6000 rpm). Otherwise power is fine.
Anyone else notice this?
Note I DO NOT have a tune. Is the amount of air coming through the intake "too rich" for the stock raptor tune?
Trying to decide whether to revert to stock or to add a 5 star tune, any help would be appreciated....

Cummins_Bred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^What he said. Tune it. And I got what you meant, but proper term is running a bit lean with all that "extra" air

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
or run e-30 I never had any problems ran both headers and cai for a few months before adding the diablosport tune but wow what a different form stock to headers cai and wow what a difference from headers cai to that plus tune.

OP
OP
Txfight00

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^What he said. Tune it. And I got what you meant, but proper term is running a bit lean with all that "extra" air

Yeah I guess the proper terminology would be "lean" as the extra component is air not fuel. So the point is that stock > cai alone but cai+tune>>>stock? What about stock with tune alone?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

or run e-30 I never had any problems ran both headers and cai for a few months before adding the diablosport tune but wow what a different form stock to headers cai and wow what a difference from headers cai to that plus tune.

Don't have e30 near me that I know of

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup a tune would Make a huge difference you wouldn't even believe it! I installed my CAI and throttle body spacer and ran it on my stock tune and it didn't wanna go anywhere I mean a huge loss in power and throttle response I threw my tune on it that mike made specifically for my set up and man it's a night an day difference. Get a 5star and you'll se what we all are talkin about!

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Even stock with a tune is an improvement. From factory the fuel to air ration isn't ideal it's good but not ideal plus the shifting points and transmission reprogrammed makes a big difference!

Princenet201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if installing a CAI and a roush catback without a tune still give that feel of loss power? My raptor should be here this week or next and I was thinking of doing those two mods first.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the stock tune has a learning period. it takes time to adjust. it will be fine with just catback and CAI but the tune will really wake the truck up more than anything else. the 3 of these together tho is a nice jump in power and driveability