GEN 2 Adding Tech Package to 802A 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Motoss

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this matters to you, but I think that the 'Raptor' text on the steering wheel is a part of the tech package.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
skip the tech package. lane sensing picks up tar and thinks it a line, auto wipers go off if your windshield is dusty, auto high beams turn off when there is a reflective sign, and jury is still out on the adaptive cruise. I only got it because my 2018 came with everything i wanted plus the tech package and i was too much of a kid wanting my truck now so i got it instead of waiting. oh and the HUD - a bunch of flashy red lights when your truck thinks that car way off in the distance with its break lights lit up will cause a front end collision. mine's gone off twice so far and each time scares the **** outta me causing me to swerve

I have opposite experience she the wiper issue, it seems to work, just not what I like due to rain x use. I only have problems with Lane departure with weak white lines. Sometimes it doesn't pick them up well. Other than that all systems seem to work as they should. I do not like how close cars have to get on mine before high beams turn off. Seems like they are closer than I would like. Don't usually have problem with reflection issue. I don't really like adaptive cruise because I am not used to it I guess. That was the first thing I turned off. It would show down when I am riding in interstate coming up on somebody about to get over. That one just isn't my cup of tea. Overall glad I got tech package. Only regret is mine didn't have factory beadlocks. Still kind of wavering on getting those or other wheels. Good luck on your find!

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I can't believe I didn't think to do this... I live in panhandle FL so trains a lot. I use rain-x, so really use the word anyway. It is adding when they go high speed when you just want an intermittent wipe. Haha

Might want to check out rain-x and stickers, it's been a while but if I remember correctly it may contribute to stickers not staying adhered.

Of course it'd be due to overspray on the highway or something like that.

I remember reading about a challenger that had to have all of his factory stickers redone and believe it was due to rain-x.

Maybe it was a wash they make, sorry it's been a while but I thought I'd mention it.

JeffroMc

Reaction score
I can’t believe no one has mentioned the heating element strips in the windshield where the wipers rest to keep them from freezing up. That is the main reason I would like to have the tech package. I also don’t understand why Ford didn’t offer that separately or as part of a cold weather package!

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
Wow, many issues with the tech package. I guess I hit the jackpot. Rain sensing wipers work great. Lane assist works like it should. ACC works great. Auto dimming headlamps spot on.

I'm gonna go play the Lottery. LOL

Sam

I love my Technology package also as it all works great except once in a while the wipers do their own thing but most of the time they work as designed. Must be a software bug or electrical glitch.

sixshooter_45

Reaction score
I love my Technology package also as it all works great except once in a while the wipers do their own thing but most of the time they work as designed. Must be an electrical glitch.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I don't really know what came with the tech package.
But lane assist is a pain( I turned it off accept for long trips and when the wife drives)
Adaptive cruise is cool for a road trip but in town it makes for an exciting ride lol

I don't think adding them after the fact would be cost effective.....

Rapster

Reaction score
I have the tech package. Given the chance, I'd skip it. Lane departure is annoying AF in town. There is no HUD.
you can turn down or off the aggressiveness of the lane departure feature, I think, if you dont like it. Saved my bacon a couple of times at night.

Dust Devil

Reaction score
I can’t believe no one has mentioned the heating element strips in the windshield where the wipers rest to keep them from freezing up. That is the main reason I would like to have the tech package. I also don’t understand why Ford didn’t offer that separately or as part of a cold weather package!
Main reason I wanted tech package. The auto wipers and high beams are the icing on the cake.