Adding a sub to ‘17 Sony system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NickW

Reaction score
I’ve read through a lot of threads and was hoping to find something simple and straightforward on this, but most of the stuff I see is for the B&O systems or for people wanting to upgrade the components.

I have a sub and a mono amp for the sub. What’s the easiest/best way to add this to my factory Sony system? I’ve seen a few suggestions for pieces that integrate into the system, but I don’t want to buy a $300 adapter if it’s not required for this application.

Would a simple line out converter do the job, like the one below?

Thanks for the help

AudioControl LC2i 2 Channel Line Out Converter with AccuBASS and Subwoofer Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IIL0LW0/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that will work. you will want to get signal from the front door woofer wires at the amp behind the rear seat. the sub signal is the most affected signal so dont use it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve seen a few suggestions for pieces that integrate into the system, but I don’t want to buy a $300 adapter if it’s not required for this application.

Adding bass is like adding torque. You can’t stop at just one mod. This is a good start, and what I did. you will want more though, just be forewarned :)

Hush Car Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider adding the PAC bypass unit and harness so you can improve the whole system instead. Adding bass with stock speakers is not that great of an idea in my opinion.

GoDucks

Reaction score
LC2i is the way to go. I had a 2015 Lariat with the Sony system and sub. My current 2019 Raptor has the B&O system. I did the exact same install on both trucks using LC2i, simply cut the factory sub wires and use it as the signal for LC2i. I have the gains on my Amp and LC2i turned down and it still booms my pioneer shallow mount 10" sub that is under the seat.

Factory Amp running the door speakers and JBL amp powering sub.

*I removed those wire connectors and soldered a few days later. The 10" is perfect, sounds awesome and exactly what was missing from Sony and B&O.

Attachments

• 20220509_231239.jpg
    20220509_231239.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220504_220723.jpg
    20220504_220723.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
NickW

NickW

Reaction score
You might want to consider adding the PAC bypass unit and harness so you can improve the whole system instead. Adding bass with stock speakers is not that great of an idea in my opinion.
The one that’s $379? This one? The issue there is that in order to do more than just add my sub to the stock system is the money. $379 plus speakers, plus amp, plus etc. Vs spending $70 to add the sub that I already have.

LC2i is the way to go. I had a 2015 Lariat with the Sony system and sub. My current 2019 Raptor has the B&O system. I did the exact same install on both trucks using LC2i, simply cut the factory sub wires and use it as the signal for LC2i. I have the gains on my Amp and LC2i turned down and it still booms my pioneer shallow mount 10" sub that is under the seat.

*I removed those wire connectors and soldered a few days later. The 10" is perfect, sounds awesome and exactly what was missing from Sony and B&O.
Thanks! Even attached pics, that’s very helpful!

Thanks for the quick and straightforward responses!

scpete24

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have any other pictures of your setup? Looking to do something very similar.