GEN 2 Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if the 2019 models have a new ACC sensor? Here's a pic of mine and i can't find one online anywhere. I'm taking it to another dealer on Friday but if they can't fix it i want to go ahead and buy one now just in case. I'm going on a long trip next week and need to get regular cruise working. Frankly i'm hoping someone develops a plug to turn this shit off just like you can with live shocks. the older these trucks get the more issues we're all going to have with this system.

wKoGJcW.jpg

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
may or might not help but my 2018 I turn the adaptive cruise control off on the menu on the dash and my regular cruise worked.

moonjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I relocated mine from left to right side top of my intercooler(aftermarket) it freaks out sometimes and says adaptive not available or collision unavailable. But i don't use either just hit ok when it does it. the worst part is it messages fordpass which is annoying. But just so you know you can move that thing around if you want. I probably should recalibrate it in forescan. And yes it is under wrench icon, I believe you have to plug your laptop in and drive on a flat road for 20 min or so for it to work.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
may or might not help but my 2018 I turn the adaptive cruise control off on the menu on the dash and my regular cruise worked.

Yes i've turned it off and turned off collision avoidance but regular cruise still won't work and the errors pop up each time it starts even though it's off.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I relocated mine from left to right side top of my intercooler(aftermarket) it freaks out sometimes and says adaptive not available or collision unavailable. But i don't use either just hit ok when it does it. the worst part is it messages fordpass which is annoying. But just so you know you can move that thing around if you want. I probably should recalibrate it in forescan. And yes it is under wrench icon, I believe you have to plug your laptop in and drive on a flat road for 20 min or so for it to work.

Thanks. I'm going to try putting a new bracket in and if that doesn't work and the dealer can't fix i'm going to put the ADD bracket in place. I've tried recalibrating but Forscan kept giving me an error and wouldn't start the process. Super annoying

Simplejack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are running a stock bumper I got one sitting in my back yard if you are using oem bracket i will give it to you. I will be home tomorrow, its off an 18. in rockwall if interested.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are running a stock bumper I got one sitting in my back yard if you are using oem bracket i will give it to you. I will be home tomorrow, its off an 18. in rockwall if interested.

Super kind of you man. TMX gave me one last week that i'm going to pop on tonight i hope.

I also found this alignment procedure that i'm going to follow.

Attachments

• CCM Alignment & Installation.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 90

NightWolf928

Reaction score
Not trying to jack the thread but curious to know if you’re running an SVC/FR/etc. intercooler, do you need to relocate the ACC sensor even if you stay with the stock bumper? Im upgrading my intercooler to the SVC FMIC and I love my ACC too much...I travel between AZ and CA frequently when I’m not out fighting terries in Iraq so I spend a lot of time driving.