GEN 2 Adaptive Cruise Control Sensor Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed SVC intercooler and relocate kit, but received few times error msg about the sensor. 6e6e8eeb5e647af54abb570f4f263f16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

802Avalanche

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can have a Ford dealer do a recalibration procedure or do it yourself with FORScan, which helps some. But, in my experience, it’s never going to be 100% in the relocated position behind the grill.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed SVC intercooler and relocate kit, but received few times error msg about the sensor. 6e6e8eeb5e647af54abb570f4f263f16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you have it adjusted to where you think straight level and plumb maybe hair down. And drive it and it will relearn and you will stop getting errors. I tried to go to dealer and they said since it was moved they can’t do anything related to that because of liability reasons.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine works except it freaks out besides big trucks sometimes. I have wondered if I could move it back down to the slid plate.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine works except it freaks out besides big trucks sometimes. I have wondered if I could move it back down to the slid plate.

Mine was the same doing 80mph and go by semi and braking hard. I just had to adjust the left right a little bit and good to go.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not all semi's which is weird. Its only the tanker kind with the beveled bottom. Scared the shit out of me the first time.

Tactical Sommelier

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got this alert when I cut the frame for my new bumper. I took it to 3 dealerships and none of them would touch it so last resort was to recalibrate with forscan. The key to doing this is to calibrate then when it is complete via Forscan you must turn the collision alarm off and keep it off otherwise you'll never be able to use the standard cruise control which is all i wanted. Now i have standard cruise control but no collision alarm.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had similar problems with ACC since my build. My sensor was moved up high behind my grill after adding a custom frame-horn-cut bumper and the FullRace IC. It works most of the time, but if the truck gets into a stop / start / stop / start situation on the road, it fires the message. I have discovered that I can switch mine to standard cruise control mode and back again while driving to get ACC working. Also, anytime I stop and restart the truck, it works fine until the next occurrence of the sequence.

I was planning to take it into my local dealer for re-calibration, but according to the rest of those who have tried, I might as well try it myself with Forscan.

Someone mentioned adjusting it slightly downward to accommodate the new height of the sensor. Does anyone have instructions for how to adjust it?

I searched online, but there is nothing clear other than it "seems" to be a three-post mount with a pivot point in one of the corners. It also looks like the other two screw points are used to adjust the side to side and up/down alignment, but I would like to confirm this is the case.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had similar problems with ACC since my build. My sensor was moved up high behind my grill after adding a custom frame-horn-cut bumper and the FullRace IC. It works most of the time, but if the truck gets into a stop / start / stop / start situation on the road, it fires the message. I have discovered that I can switch mine to standard cruise control mode and back again while driving to get ACC working. Also, anytime I stop and restart the truck, it works fine until the next occurrence of the sequence.

I was planning to take it into my local dealer for re-calibration, but according to the rest of those who have tried, I might as well try it myself with Forscan.

Someone mentioned adjusting it slightly downward to accommodate the new height of the sensor. Does anyone have instructions for how to adjust it?

I searched online, but there is nothing clear other than it "seems" to be a three-post mount with a pivot point in one of the corners. It also looks like the other two screw points are used to adjust the side to side and up/down alignment, but I would like to confirm this is the case.

Just what I did....my power steering too a crap then it would re-align. Dealer was worthless. Tried forscan can’t tell I if helped...made plumb and level then gave a slight down angle. Then ignore errors and let re calibrate