Adams Paint sealant on Gen2, what surfaces to avoid?>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thepro8

Reaction score
HI Guys,

I’m going to use Adams Paint sealant on my raptor. What surfaces do I need to avoid. Can I use it on the fender, the pumper, the grill, etc?

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
HI Guys,

I’m going to use Adams Paint sealant on my raptor. What surfaces do I need to avoid. Can I use it on the fender, the pumper, the grill, etc?

Apply the Paint Sealant to the paint :))), wheel flares, and painted portions of the bumper. While the grill is similar to the flares, I would not use Paint Sealant as it will be too difficult to remove the residue from all the nooks of the brick pattern. For the grill, I would recommend using H2O Guard & Gloss.

Avoid any textured plastic like the hood vents, side vents, bed rails, front bumperettes, rear bumper steps, etc. Even though getting some Paint Sealant on the textured plastic may not look too bad to begin with, the sealant will eventually dry out after a few days and leave a white-ish residue that is hard to remove from the texture.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HI Guys,

If you’re going to do all the work to prep, why wouldn’t you go all the way to ceramic coating?... .should last 4-5 times what you’re planning. I used the Avalon King product but if you’re an Adams fan, they have one too they claim lasts 5 years....sounds pretty compelling. Love my truck following the ceramic coat!

OP
OP
T

thepro8

Reaction score
If you’re going to do all the work to prep, why wouldn’t you go all the way to ceramic coating?... .should last 4-5 times what you’re planning. I used the Avalon King product but if you’re an Adams fan, they have one too they claim lasts 5 years....sounds pretty compelling. Love my truck following the ceramic coat!

I didn’t think I should do it without polishing and paint correction.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shouldn't you be out fishing or something?