AC / Vents

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swannyman

Reaction score
So 800 Miles in & today i had fan all way up level 7 & got level 1 flow but heard the fan blowing hard to which seemed like no where. Get home leave 2 hrs later back to normal blowing fine. Anyone have this issue?
Although I don't have a raptor, the wife does have a 2018 navigator with the raptor v6. Same thing happened to hers lately. Took it in and they said bad evaporator. Oh, and the water pump replaced this summer too. This 90k navigator is a pile honestly. It now has 66k miles and never have had any of these issues with any of my cars. I daily an Alfa Giulia, btw, some would consider Alfa's to be unreliable. Well, at this point, I cant agree with my sample size of 1 :). I'm here on the forum because I was planning on a gen2 but couldn't ever find one at sticker here in san diego, so ended up with something completely different. Looking next year for a gen3 but who knows what will happen....maybe another Alfa :).

jjws1968

Reaction score
Thats the game brother. U either gamble and get the thing fixed or drive around in a $100k truck and 100 degree heat with your shit deciding when it wants to work or not??? So far so good. Has worked like a champ since!!! Best of luck

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im taking mine back in for a second look since this happened within a week after they had it.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone had any resolve with this issue? I just did a 4.5 hour drive from Jacksonville to Miami and after about 4 hours the ac stopped blowing period. I did stop at a chick fil an and left the truck on accessory mode for about 20min.

After turning the AC off, we downs down for about 10min, the AC was blowing cold and normal again.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It happened to me once, I switched it over to heat for a few minutes and rolled down the window. Once the ice melts off the evaporator, you're back in business. Waiting for something else to go wrong before I get it looked at. I've been using the automatic feature the last few months and haven't had it happen.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened to me once, I switched it over to heat for a few minutes and rolled down the window. Once the ice melts off the evaporator, you're back in business. Waiting for something else to go wrong before I get it looked at. I've been using the automatic feature the last few months and haven't had it happen.
Yea I did the same thing. I drive back to Jacksonville on Monday and will test it out! Love this truck. One of the many little quirks it has. More frustrating is how delayed dealers are to make service appointments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter