A little extra Line-X pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added some extra line-x in the rear fender wells and it is working extremely well, it cleans easy and covers all the white that was showing from the bed. I also had them line-x my skidplate. Just a couple of pics for you.:cactus:

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You nailed it! 'dawg this is exactly what I want to do as well.

Can you take a few minutes and explain the process? How long it took? Dry time? Prep needed?

Basically, if you don't mind, would you explain how to go about this to a newb like myself, who's never painted anything or done anything like this before?

Thanks and great job!!

:rep:

OP
OP
LVdezertdawg

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You nailed it! 'dawg this is exactly what I want to do as well.

Can you take a few minutes and explain the process? How long it took? Dry time? Prep needed?

Basically, if you don't mind, would you explain how to go about this to a newb like myself, who's never painted anything or done anything like this before?

Thanks and great job!!

:rep:

J,

You may have to do a recall on the rep points, I had the local line-x shop do this. I used Herculiner on a friends vehicle two years ago, but neither he nor I could get the look that we wanted. Sorry for the confusion.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No problem dawg :)

How long did it take them? May I ask regarding the price for the whole job?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I have such a hard time keeping my steps clean...I would imagine this would be a nightmare?!?! Have you got any mud in the wheel wells yet?

OP
OP
LVdezertdawg

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem dawg :)

How long did it take them? May I ask regarding the price for the whole job?

J,

They had the truck all day but they also installed the Bakflip and Bedrug the same day. The skid plate was $100 and the fenderwells were $150.

OP
OP
LVdezertdawg

LVdezertdawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have such a hard time keeping my steps clean...I would imagine this would be a nightmare?!?! Have you got any mud in the wheel wells yet?

B,

Mud and sand, about six nights worth, it just sprays out. Five minute high pressure washout. It took me a week to clean up after the Raptor Roundup from the caked on stuff. This product is fabulous on the wheelwells! I am very pleased with it. I did not spray it down with WD40 or anything prior as I wanted to see how much it stuck in the crevices.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can vouch for two things...

one, the Line-X looks great! Even better in person than in the pics!

two, when lvdezertdawg says "6 nights of mud and sand" that translates to about 6 months of not washing their truck for most people! :biggrin:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Sexy!! now paint your mirror reflectors and lose the orange turn signal bulbs.