A Few Problems With New '13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hahaha. Thanks for the laughs, but I need some help! This is my first Ford product, and I'm not too impressed.

Anyone else?

Really? You've got wind noise, dash rattle and you're having issues with the shuffle function of you iPod and you're "not too impressed?"

I know we all want our product purchases to be perfect but that's unrealistic. The Raptor is an awesome truck and even with some problems (and my 2010 5.4L had a slew of them and ALL of them were fixed by the dealership with support from Ford HQ).

Is this your first new vehicle? Your first truck?

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a constant wind noise at my right side of the windshield until I changed out my stock antenna whip, with a stubby antenna. Noise situation resolved for me..

2013 Oxford White SCrew…..

Time for you to get a stubby.....

OP
OP
C

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ni9mm,
Butler Chain is a great place to hang out, but I don't get out there too much, anymore. Where do you live?

MagicMtnDan,
No, this is not my first car/truck. I've owned many vehicles, which is why I can say I'm not too impressed with the initial quality. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the truck, but to have rattles, wind noises, and a radio that doesn't operate properly within the first 3,000 miles leaves me a bit concerned. As stated earlier, the Ford software update fixed the iPod issues, so kudos to Ford on that. Now that I have more time with work, I plan on heading to Ford to see if they can figure out the other stuff. Many owners here report a good experience with their dealers, so I'm hopeful they'll get me straightened out.

MotoMute,
I've had a shorter antennae since the day I bought the truck. Not the problem, but thank you for the idea.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a point of reference, in the late '80's FORD had a problem with the windshield gasket. At a certain speed and outside temperature the gasket would flex and produce a loud whistle. For me, it was 70 mph and a temperature of 90 degrees or higher. In other words, most summer days in Texas.

If it is the gasket, try your windshield wipers with spray. The water would fill the gaps in the gasket and make the whistle go way until the water evaporated.

BTW, that was the same year that they mis-spelled the word 'quality' in the 'Quality is our number one job'..... :)

I love this truck!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No, this is not my first car/truck. I've owned many vehicles, which is why I can say I'm not too impressed with the initial quality. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the truck, but to have rattles, wind noises, and a radio that doesn't operate properly within the first 3,000 miles leaves me a bit concerned. As stated earlier, the Ford software update fixed the iPod issues, so kudos to Ford on that. Now that I have more time with work, I plan on heading to Ford to see if they can figure out the other stuff. Many owners here report a good experience with their dealers, so I'm hopeful they'll get me straightened out.

So out of 3 problems 1 is fixed by Ford's update and now you're left with a rattle and wind noise.

I hope you get them fixed quickly so you can find a way to enjoy the Raptor especially since you're in Florida. If you had some real off roading you could do you'd be spending more time talking up the Raptor.

OP
OP
C

charles06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So out of 3 problems 1 is fixed by Ford's update and now you're left with a rattle and wind noise.

I hope you get them fixed quickly so you can find a way to enjoy the Raptor especially since you're in Florida. If you had some real off roading you could do you'd be spending more time talking up the Raptor.

Just to be clear, I didn't start this thread to bash a Ford product. I'm thoroughly enjoying this truck, and look forward to taking it off-road, even though there isn't much here in FL. To say I haven't been "impressed" with it because of a few problems within the first few months of ownership is hardly bashing it. If that's how you've read my posts, I'm sorry?

The purpose of this thread was simply to see if anyone else has had similar issues and if there was a fix. Others have read this thread and reported similar problems. Hopefully, Ford can work these simple things out, and I'll report back. I will also make it a point to update my first post so readers have the reference.

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^You have made some strong mods to your Raptor so far. You will be very impressed with it after a good high speed run off road.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013, and have zero noise, or stereo, problems. I did have a rattle under hard acceleration, and I would have sworn that it was coming from the passenger side. It started suddenly, after I put on a CAI. One day, I was doing what I needed to do to get the rattle, and it was my garage door opener. Some kind of weird harmonics were causing the opener to rattle. I moved it over an inch, or so, and it was taken care of.