A few audio upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Hey guys, one more questions. Where is the factory amp and how do I get to the wires for the front speakers? I can't seem to find much info on it. Thanks.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Just to make sure, that is how you get to the factory amp right and speaker wires? You have to take out all those things to get to it?

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I installed my C5-570s, amp, cleansweep, and subwoofer a couple weeks ago and it's all working pretty good. Today, I decided to open up the center console again to disconnect the center speaker (never did that the first time) and I noticed what looks to be the line level audio wires that feed into the Sony amp. See picture below. There are three of these connectors that connect to the amp. Two I believe feed the amplified audio out to the speakers. I had those disconnected temporarily from the Sony amp. This one, I'm guessing feeds a line level signal from the head unit into the Sony amp. I put my toner on the wires and I could hear music.

Has anyone ever tried to use these wires to feed to an aftermarket amp? Seems like it might be a cleaner signal than using the amplified outputs.

2013_09_29_10_57_49.jpg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure of the voltage of those wires. but the cleansweep was designed for speaker level input. that is why there is the matching summing device. are there 5 input wires? front left and right, rear left and right and sub? and most likely they will share a negative.