A/C issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xobe

Reaction score
Trying this again, I know I can be the only one with A/C issues on my 23’ raptor, seems like it’s a common issue on 20-23 F150’s, has anyone found what the issue really is? My dealership don’t find codes so there’s no repairs done but ac keeps stoping working as if I have all vents closed

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Possible evaporator freeze up. The previous service bulletin for evaporator replacement was pulled because it wasn’t fixing the root cause. A new service bulletin will most likely be released at some point.

RollTigers

Reaction score
Trying this again, I know I can be the only one with A/C issues on my 23’ raptor, seems like it’s a common issue on 20-23 F150’s, has anyone found what the issue really is? My dealership don’t find codes so there’s no repairs done but ac keeps stoping working as if I have all vents closed
It is very frustrating. My Raptor hadn’t done it in a couple of months but this past week in NC has been brutal. Was driving it this week around 4pm and the outside temp driving on asphalt showed 98. My a/c blower seemed like it slowed down and the air was coming out and warm. I turned off the a/c button but left the fan going. After a couple of minutes I started the a/c back up an no issues after. I know that didn’t answer your question but it’s very frustrating. Dealer wanted to take the dash out and keep it for 3 days with out a free loaner car. I said nope.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xobe

Xobe

Reaction score
Tbh that’s not acceptable for an almost 3 figure vehicle, I hope @fordMotorCo is listening because this starting to look like a was a mistake not getting the TRX

Reaction score
Lots of similar complaints on the F150Gen14 forum as well regarding this. As mentioned, some have had the evap replaced which requires the dash to come out. Someone even posted a video of that being performed by the dealer. That sucks. But yeah, sounds like it has not been a permanent fix.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of similar complaints on the F150Gen14 forum as well regarding this. As mentioned, some have had the evap replaced which requires the dash to come out. Someone even posted a video of that being performed by the dealer. That sucks.
Was the diagnosis a faulty or a leaking evaporator? Was it just installed wrong or damaged during production? I haven't read about it on the Ecoboost.net site.

OP
OP
Xobe

Xobe

Reaction score
Was the diagnosis a faulty or a leaking evaporator? Was it just installed wrong or damaged during production? I haven't read about it on the Ecoboost.net site.
No codes and no leaking evaporator just bad design, I told the technician about all the same complaints on the f150 forums and he got it approved to change the evaporator wich I know ain’t the root cause but I did it because we’ve to keep bugging Ford so they find a real solution to this problem,,,, messed up thing the dealer loaner f150 I’m using is doing the exact same thing, sux because this 108deg weather we having here in Texas.

OP
OP
Xobe

Xobe

Reaction score
Lots of similar complaints on the F150Gen14 forum as well regarding this. As mentioned, some have had the evap replaced which requires the dash to come out. Someone even posted a video of that being performed by the dealer. That sucks. But yeah, sounds like it has not been a permanent fix.
Im getting it done, I know I can just turn off the ac for few mins and be fine for a while, but it needs to cost Ford money for them to actually redesign that evaporator and fix it right

OP
OP
Xobe

Xobe

Reaction score
Probably your post in the bigger thread discussing this issue is what you should run with. Asking the same question 3 times in your first three posts can just make for confusion...
Im not sure how you do this on a bigger threat post, I’m new on this forum thing, I actually never had any issues with my vehicles, I had owned bout 12 ford vehicles, from f250’s, 150’s, raptor 1gen and 3 Lincoln’s navigators, Ford is been very reliable until now.