A/C Intermittent cool Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, it's been 8-10 years since I was hanging out here...2011 CC-- As the title says, the a/c blows cold and then it blows outside air temp, maybe 10 minutes each way. The compressor seems to stays running. Gotta have a/c in Arizona summers...lol. Anyone have an idea?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does the recirc button stay lit up? How do you know the compressor is running? Have you physically sat there with the hood open and made sure the clutch has engaged the whole time, the reason I ask is, it will help narrow down a problem with either the a/c system or your vent controls.

OP
OP
S

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your response. Yes on both questions -- the clutch is engaged and the recirc light stays on when the a/c is blowing hot air.

OP
OP
S

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I should mention at start-up, the blend does its clicking noise for a few seconds.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also, I should mention at start-up, the blend does its clicking noise for a few seconds.
That's where I am thinking your problem may be, outdoor air coming in or the heating mixing with the cooling. Do you have dual climate control? Do you have a digital thermometer, as I would start taking measurements on all vents as the problem is occurring and as it is running normal.