A/C cooling problems --

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford had my truck this week and last. With addition to other fixes, they fixed my AC. Ran a leak check and found the schrader valve was leaking. Replaced and recharged. On the way home from the dealer today it was night and day difference.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Well,I took the truck back to Sanderson again. When you crack the front window down either driver or passenger side, I get hot air blowing from underneath the dash by the emergency brake. Service rep has never heard of that. I am having trouble enough trying to stay cool and it does not help with hot air coming from underneath.

That would be a bad blend door.

Easy fix for them.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run my truck for the past few days with an A/C thermometer in the drivers side dash vent next to the radio. The air is basically 42-43 degrees no matter what the outside conditions. I live in the Phoenix area here are the results.

92 degrees, morning. Truck parked outside. 8 minute drive to work. Suburban streets 45-50 mph with stop lights every 1/2 mile. I had the A/C on max and within maybe 3 minutes the thermometer was at 41-42. The cab was freezing cold by the time I arrived at work.

111-113 after work. The truck was parked in a parking garage. When I started it the truck temp said 110. I drove about 10 minutes to a dinner. Suburban streets 45-50 mph with stop lights every 1/2 mile. I had the truck on max and the thermometer read 43 degrees by the time I arrived.

112 degrees after the dinner (yes it sucks in AZ). Drove with the truck A/C on auto mode (forgot to put on max). Drove about 10 8 minutes on the freeway at 70 mph. Thermometer read 43 degrees.

I did some internet surfing and it seems that there should be a chart that shows expected vent temp at different ambient temps. I did find several sites that claimed the temp test should be run with the AC on low while driving at hwy speeds. They said to expect 41 degrees F. This however seems simplistic as the temp out will absolutely be effected by the ambient temp.

Nemesis

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I need to show to the dealer. Maybe they will get off their ass and stop with the with specs BS I keep getting. I have talked to a couple other Raptor owner lately and they all say the are happy with their a/c.

Maybe I can finally get them to fix mine..