A/C not cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

houtex1

Reaction score
Friday morning the A/C stopped cooling. I have not checked with a thermometer but the difference is very noticeable.
When the truck is running there is a large amount of condensation dripping from the unit. I got a can of the diy recharge and the included gauge shows that I'm at 50 psi of coolant.
I won't be able to take it in till end of the week. Fan is blowing and clutch is engaging. Any ideas?

st33zygill

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t start feeling the full effect of the AC until I’m moving and then from there it stays cool

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check cabin filter behind glovebox , mine started having issues last summer , filter was plugged with debris . Changed out no more issue , getting ready to change again . You tube F150 cabin filter change . amazon has filters for 19 bucks

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speak of the devil and he appears, so I had a cabin filter ready to go. Was putting it off till this weekend . On this past Sunday it was pretty hot in AZ , i got in truck had A/C on max , fan hi , coldest / recirc . My vent thermometer got only to 52 deg. Normally 42 to 43 . Turn ac off turned back on dropped to 46 . Turn fan down 43 deg same BS as it was doing last summer in 115 deg heat . Pulled filter yesterday after work it was plugged. Pic below is a very bright light behind the filter. I will try this new filter on way home today after work . Only reason I think it's getting dirty so fast is I remote start 2 times a day and draws in outside air in each start up . I normally run in recirc most of time. My neighbor has a 19 f150 same mileage . his was very clean last year , he doesn't have remote start so that's my theory .

Attachments

• 20230516_183744.jpg
    20230516_183744.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230516_183812.jpg
    20230516_183812.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

RollTigers

Reaction score
A/C issues on my 23 with only 2K miles. Took my Raptor in for the a/c issue and everything checked out according to the dealership. It’s intermittent. Initially woks well but once in a while the fan speed is on max and it feels like hardly any air comes out and it’s not cold, slightly chilled. Once I turn the a/c off for at least 15 minutes and start back up it works fine.

Morgan

Reaction score
My dealer just swapped my cabin filter from a Bosch(that I replaced last year) to Motorcraft as a potential solution to the rear cabin not cooling well. He said the Bosch filter was too restrictive. I've not driven the truck enough since the change to validate the fix.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My dealer just swapped my cabin filter from a Bosch(that I replaced last year) to Motorcraft as a potential solution to the rear cabin not cooling well. He said the Bosch filter was too restrictive. I've not driven the truck enough since the change to validate the fix.
It was a year old, just did its job and plugged up.