A/C not cooling properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micheal

Reaction score
I own a 2012 raptor svt it has no AC filter and i am having a problem with the ac its releasing decently cold air but not cold enough like I would be driving the car for a couple of hours while thr ac is on full blast yet its not cold and when we put it at full power its as if we put it half. It has gas went to multiple mechanics and yet no one can pin point the problem

Squad21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this, bought my 2012 2 weeks ago and been fixing things after things on it. Noticed the A/C is really loud when its cycling .

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So freon is good? You know the ac blower motor wiring harness has issues at times..see if it's fried looking inside the connector. Wiggle it when plugged in and see if you have any difference in the speed of the fan.

Guardrail

Reaction score
Did you try to empty the system and put a vacum pump on it? That will get out any moisture in the system. Then fill it with the proper amount of freon. If it has too much freon it wont get really cold.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same with my 2010 it wasnt the best when new. i have changed TXV ,compressor , condenser filter and desiccant , made sure evaporator was clean . Last thing not changed is entire condenser . I have it waiting to go in . Pic is my 2014 Tremor and it was ice cubes 43 deg and 121 ambient . So i know how it should perfrom .

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_175020.jpg
    IMG_20170620_175020.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 9

D Bishop

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a 2013 and when I bought it a few months ago the AC Evaporator core had a leak and the AC wasn't working. I bought all the parts behind the dash since it had to come out from Evap core, heat core, fan and 4 actuators. The shop did a good job of replacing everything and not one rattle.
I am however have an issue with what sounds like Darth Vador breathing behind the dash about every 20-30 secs and last for a second or two. The freon level is good and blows very cold. I thought it was just when the AC was running but now that it is cold it does it when the heat is on just not as much.
I was told it may be the pressure valve, what do you guys think?

stevelp99

Reaction score
When I bought 2nd gen 1 recently the ac never felt cold in the cab, but cold at the vent, especially in the Houston heat, the flow at the vent wasn't as strong much as my previous 14'. I replaced the recirc vent flap and actuator under the passenger side, (not easy with dash in the car). The ac finally started blowing colder and more flow through the vents. Before that I had the freon checked, I replaced the actuator under the driver side foot well since it was broken too, even swapped out the blower motor and resistor due to a vibrating noise (unrelated). My guess was there wasn't enough air flow through the coils since the flap was broken off causing a restriction at the blower inlet. Might be worth checking out. Is there any long term reviews on that Infinity overland air filter that installed under the cowl? I was curious about how water and moisture doesn't make its was into that filter?