A ******* AND HIS 1st OIL CHANGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine took his Tundra into a dealer for an oil change.... and after they were done.... he drove off and within a few miles noticed his oil pressure gauge sinking.... and then his engine seized. He looked underneath and the Oil Filter was gone. The techs didnt tighten the filter down correctly and it came off and seized the phucken engine...... mauahhaha Toyota payed for a new engine. "Do it yourself.... it will be done right"

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
My friend's Kwik Kar guys have always done great work on the Dodge but, the possibility of not having the right parts/procedures for a new and unfamiliar truck seemed all too likely with an engine that has only been out for a year or so. There is also the fact that it is an entirely different shop when the owner isn't there. As a rule, I call him to see if he's in the shop before I take the Dodge in for service. We talk guns and stuff while his guys work on my truck. But if he's not there, my truck doesn't go into the bay.

If your happy with them but are worried about their parts and knowlage , stop and pick up the correct filter and use them. I may still use the shop after todays talk.

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I'm glad I got the prepaid maintenance from ford. I take it to a certified SVT dealer with a service crew specializing in SVT vehicles. Makes me worry a lot less than if I was to take it to Walmart or someplace.

As far as a SVT certified oil change dummy, SVT could stand for Stupid Vehiclular Trainee! Hope not. Any time I took the Vett or even take our work truck for an oil change at a dealer, I would swear the oil is the basic crap and not Mobil One or your choice of oil. Unless you WATCh how would you know???? I like your blind trust and hope its All Good for you. Oil changes are NBOT a MONEY MAKER for a dealer. Its only an oportunity to try and find something else wrong to charge you or Ford for to fix, sometimes needed repair or not. Seen it first hand too many times. Most dealers are called Stealers for a reason.

Not said, to **** anyone here off but look at dealer track records with many many here. I pray I have a decent dealer when its time for warranty crap......

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Unfortunately I see the whole auto industry turning that way. More and more good techs leave for a different/better career while being replaced by idiots.

Funny you should mention just this very thing. I did go by the Kwik Lube today to talk with the owner. While there I found out that one of the 3 or 4 guys I have always trusted there was leaving. He is headed to a local Honda Dealer to become a service writer for them. He is a good kid, maybe 25 years old.

The Honda dealer he is headed to just so happens to be where I use to take my Acuras to for warranty work back in the 90's. The Acura dealer here was a freaking JOKE! Even though it was a Honda dealer, they did warranty on Acuras. This mechanic there named Kenny grew with the dealer and went on to be a service writer, then a service advisor and then on to become the dealers service manager at this time. One HELL of a decent guy and you talk about THE CUSTOMERS ALWAYS RIGHT, He wrote that book. I wish he ran a Ford dealer!

So this kid is headed for a real chance at a great place to work and I am stoked for him.

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I've had similar experiences :)flipthebird: Purcells!)

Now I take all the money that would be wasted on half-assed labor and spend it on the right tools for the job. Not only do you know that the job was done right by you, but you save some serious $$$ in the long run.

Just spent $600 on tools to change out a chain and sprockets on the bike...shop wanted $400 for parts and labor. Now that I have the tools, the next time will only cost me parts: $150. I'm saving $50 after two jobs and $350 after 3! Suck it, Trebek!

I do ALL MY bike work. At speed I do NOT want anything ******** up because of a ******** mechanic who doesen't care or give a shit! To many bad bike shop stories to type about. I would smake a key board or bash it re living the story! HAhahaaaaaa.

BDRAG

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks! This is exactly why I never let any of those grease monkeys touch my vehicles. I've heard and seen too many horror stories. Jiffy Lube cross threaded and then stripped the drain plug on my brother's old Jeep Cherokee. That resulted in a blown engine.
Same here, although they caught the mistake and repaired it before anything serious happened.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
This is what happened to my buddy's Rock Warrior less than a mile from the dealership.... Someone forgot to tighten the lugs on the rear wheel. :shakehead:

1221477137_RzBW3-L.jpg

1221477153_q4wBJ-L.jpg

Last edited:

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1) Your experience blows; but reminds me why I do everything myself.

2) Unless Ford has changed something there is no way your dashboard-indicated oil pressure reading changed higher/lower than ever. The oil pressure switch Ford uses only takes ~5psi to make the needle register on the dash. Thus, it's effectively an idiot-light and might as well not be there.

Same goes for any OBDII Ford; which is why most performance nuts run around putting auxillary oil pressure gauges in.

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
1) Your experience blows; but reminds me why I do everything myself.

2) Unless Ford has changed something there is no way your dashboard-indicated oil pressure reading changed higher/lower than ever. The oil pressure switch Ford uses only takes ~5psi to make the needle register on the dash. Thus, it's effectively an idiot-light and might as well not be there.

Same goes for any OBDII Ford; which is why most performance nuts run around putting auxillary oil pressure gauges in.

I have no idea on the oil gauge thing. You say its a switch indicated gauge? So it comes on and reacts and goes to the same spot on trhe sweep each time? Hun. If so Never knew that.

Regardless if it was higher, lower or the same as its always been from what I THOUGHT was normal, with all that had just gone on my mind was probably just telling me to do something when I got home and make this crap right! HAhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea on the oil gauge thing. You say its a switch indicated gauge? So it comes on and reacts and goes to the same spot on trhe sweep each time? Hun. If so Never knew that.

Regardless if it was higher, lower or the same as its always been from what I THOUGHT was normal, with all that had just gone on my mind was probably just telling me to do something when I got home and make this crap right! HAhahaaaaaaa.

BDRAG

Glad your "little bells" were going off; but indeed the dash cluster oil pressure switch an any Ford vehicle is an Idiot switch that will activate and read "normal" with 5psi of pressure.

Search "Ford real oil pressure gauge" and you'll see what everyone has gone through to try and remedy it. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to fix it any more except to install an aftermarket gauge/sending unit in.