A ******* AND HIS 1st OIL CHANGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I'm glad I got the prepaid maintenance from ford. I take it to a certified SVT dealer with a service crew specializing in SVT vehicles. Makes me worry a lot less than if I was to take it to Walmart or someplace.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I always change my own oil, even on the MB, and thats included with my dealer, lol..

Its always someone who could care less, in a hurry, doesn't take the extra minute to be careful, no matter what. I'm actually doing the first oil change in the Raptor today maybe.

Its not about $$, its about making sure its done right. My F250 take 15qts of Mobil 1, and I have to change BOTH fuel fliters in the rail and the top every 20,000 miles. I could have someone do it, but how do I know they did it, and how do I know they took the time to do it right?

Always do it yourself if you have the space. Its good insurance and gets you better acquainted with your ride.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn BDRAG that sucks. But like it was said, people that generally work at quick lubes do so because they didn't learn or develop skills to do something better. Can't expect much. Unfortunately I see the whole auto industry turning that way. More and more good techs leave for a different/better career while being replaced by idiots.

gcmj45acp, did the steering wheel stiffness and lack of return-ability ever get fixed? Although the alignment was probably shit, I bet the problem came from the new ball joints themselves. If they were the wrong ones or installed wrong the steering knuckles were probably bound up making it hard for them to turn. It was a common problem on the Superdutys. The factory torqued the ball joints incorrect and after some time the trucks would have the exact symptoms you described.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I've had similar experiences :)flipthebird: Purcells!)

Now I take all the money that would be wasted on half-assed labor and spend it on the right tools for the job. Not only do you know that the job was done right by you, but you save some serious $$$ in the long run.

Just spent $600 on tools to change out a chain and sprockets on the bike...shop wanted $400 for parts and labor. Now that I have the tools, the next time will only cost me parts: $150. I'm saving $50 after two jobs and $350 after 3! Suck it, Trebek!

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn BDRAG that sucks. But like it was said, people that generally work at quick lubes do so because they didn't learn or develop skills to do something better. Can't expect much. Unfortunately I see the whole auto industry turning that way. More and more good techs leave for a different/better career while being replaced by idiots.
That is exactly right, and it drags the whole automotive industry down with it.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that...its never fun cleaning a mess you paid someone to do. My mother had her oil changed at Jiffy Lube and one time they forgot to put the dipstick in her trooper and oil went everywhere. I would never take any vehicle I cared about to a place like that. I used to know a couple of the managers at a firestone in Savannah and they would never bs me. The dealers in savannah were much worse. A service manager tried to tell me the head on my gf at the times Durango RT needed to be replaced. The truck only had 55k on itand had never been overheated so I couldn't see how that could possibly be. When w e arrived he has to show me on another ram with the head off (with leaves from the engine bay in the cyls) that its the gasket!? Shouldn't the service manager know the coherence between a head and a had gasket??? The only good thing about firestone is their lifetime alignment package. On a truck that frequently sees off road duity its priceless.

Last edited:

BWMEEKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that...its never fun cleaning a mess you paid someone to do. My mother had her oil changed at Jiffy Lube and one time they forgot to put the dipstick in her trooper and oil went everywhere. I would never take any vehicle I cared about to a place like that. I used to know a couple of the managers at a firestone in Savannah and they would never bs me. The dealers in savannah were much worse. A service manager tried to tell me the head on my gf at the times Durango RT needed to be replaced. The truck only had 55k on itand had never been overheated so I couldn't see how that could possibly be. When w e arrived he has to show me on another ram with the head off (with leaves from the engine bay in the cyls) that its the gasket!? Shouldn't the service manager know the coherence between a head and a had gasket??? The only good thing about firestone is their lifetime alignment package. On a truck that frequently sees off road duity its priceless.

Forgive my ignorance...Once I have my Raptor for a bit and eventually need to bring it in for scheduled (Recomended) alignment, I can take it to Firestone, pay for the lifetime alignment package and never have to pay for an alignment again for that vehicle? How often can I bring it in for additional alignments?