A ******* AND HIS 1st OIL CHANGE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
On some of the motorcycle forums I frequent I have a following for my short stories dealing with normal CRAP and well ******* things that happen weather its while riding or just ******* stuff that happens. TAILS OF THE ******* is what its know as. Guess I will add this one to the book!

So time for the first oil change for the Raptor today. I have been using a local Penzoil Quik Lube on all my cars and trucks for the past 15 -18 years. I have gotten to know the Owner John and watched him struggle and make his shop work and make a profit. I like that. Work hard and take care of people and they will come back.

So I decide what the hell, I will run the SCREW by there late this afternoon. I pull right in. The usual ohhh awwwwww and its just a truck from me comment. I tell them I want my oil of choice, they have it, and I explain about the skid plate panel and that there is a small drip shoot or slew or whatever the thing is and I casually mention that they should just loosen the filter and let it drain slowly as to not make a big mess. The tech says o.k.

My phone rings, I walk off for the call. I come back 2 minutes later and the oil is drained, the filter is removed and the FREAKING ******** tech had just pulled the filter and dumped the oil everywhere. NEVER removed the panel or nuttin! I asked him, Did you and I not just have a conversation about how to do that? He looks like a deer in the head lights! I asked what the hell? He replies we wash it down and give you a car wash coupon. OH HELL I was PISSED! I exclaim DUDE! The ******* truck don't fit through a car wash, its to ******* big! SHIT! He says don't worry, we will get it clean. Now I am steaming. The owners not there and the usual techs are nowhere to be seen.

Now the real deal comes, he can't determin what filter goes back on. He says, the book don't show a filter for this truck and neither does our computer. I say look up the HD or King Ranch 6.2, probably the same filter. Well they struggle and someone calls VOTO ZONE! The give them a cross reference part and the tech says they have it in stock. Pheeewwwweeee. I thought the worst there for a second. The guy below puts on the filter and the guy up top hosed down the engine bay with a spray cleaner that smelt like simple green. Dumped a bunch of the blue washer box fluid around and wipped up here and there. I was fumming! I just wanted the **** out of there.

The teck adds the oil and didn't even check the fill level. I asked ya gonna check it. He says I put 7 qts in, That is whats called for. I asked how do ya know, you couldn't find shit for this truck in the book? He says it says it on a tag. I am mind numb by this point and just want the **** OUT! For some reason I just shut up and paid my $72.00 for this wonderful experiance. I figgered I would clean up my shit when I got home.

So off I go and driving along I get the freaking burnt oil smel. SHIT! ASS WIPE! I then noticed the oil pressure looked higher than it had before. not a lot but some. I say its gotta be the fresh oil right? I get home the 4 miles and get out the tools to clean the mess up. I crawled down and under and see freaking oil all over the skid plate and just everywhere. Drips here and there on my damn clean driveway. SHIT! I open the hood, check the oil and its 1 qt low! ****! I remove the skid plate access panel. Freaking oil had draind everywhere. what a ******** and I am gettin real pissed. I start wiping and I looked at the oil filter and its clean but its like 3/4 of an inch smaller diamiter than the one that came off. WTF???? The OEM filter was the same OD as the heat sink filter base. This filter was smaller? I reached up and gave it a twist and it was not loose but it was not tight either. ****! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I stop, clean my hands off, write down the filter numbers I can see and go get on line to see what the hell was going on. These ********* put a PH500 filter for a damn tarus or some shit on there. I see that the filter has a bypass pressure of 8psi and flows 8 gpm. I find a thread here for oil and filters and see the Motorcraft FL820S mentioned. I look it up and its listed for the 6.2 as well as the M1-210, PH2, and so on. The GPMs for these is 10 - 12 gpm and the pressure bypass is like 12 psi. No where does it say a PH500 is recomended. This is a freaking JOKE! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggerrrrrrrrr.

I jump in the CRV and off to the local auto parts I always use. I get the correct filter, I went with the $4.00 FL820S and got a few qts of my syn oil of choice. I get back and unscrewed the new filter BY HAND a few turns and let it slowly drain as I had recomended to the tech. It worked fine. I wipe off the area and install the CORRECT SIZE filter. I clean off all the oil I can and go fire up the motor. Pressure is right where it use to be before that ******** put some ******** on my ride. No leaks! I replace the skip plate panel. I wipe off the under side of everything. I clean up and add some oil. It took more than a qt and I bet I didn't drain out 8 ozs of oil doing the filter. I closed the hood and just stand back and reflect. I AM ONE *******! What the hell was I thinking? I let these LAME ASSED PECKERWOODS work on my shit? WTF was I thinking???? They could have done some real damage if I had kept driving with the wrong shit on there. CRAP! Later I did look up that PH500 and found a thread where the FL820S is used in lew of the PH500. Its bigger and has more filter media than the 500. No where did it mention the pressures and flow though.

I am out another $20 and about 1 1/2 hours of my time. I am going by the lube place one day this week and will explain all of this to John. I hope he offers me an apology. I don't know if I will EVER use these guys again even though this is the first time in 15 - 18 years that they did some crappy work, well that I KNOW of anyway! I don't want anyone fired, I don't want my money back for the oil change. I want these guys to give a shit though! I do want my $20 for my oil and filter. I just want him to explain to the techs that NOT EVERY VEHICLE THAT COMES IN CAN BE TREATED LIKE A COROLLA OR TATA! SHIT! I am old and stupid and a *******! This is all my fault! GAWD!

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience. But teaches you to not do your own work. :)

HUH? You mean to DO MY OWN WORK? I thought I was, giving them the guidence my dad gave me. Explaine as you do it. Learning! AHhahaaaaa. I know how but am to lazy and have just enough cash to let them do it if they give a shit! AHhaaaaa. I will do the next one for sure......

BDRAG

OP
OP
BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Dude, I'm getting mad just reading this.

Sorry, BDRAG.

I sucked! Its like stepping off a cliff and not knowing how it will end. Oh I had a bungie hooked up but I still hit my head! AHhaaaaa. It did suck. Whats bad is this guy was telling me he has 5 kids. FIVE! He coaches and so on. Imagine how successful his teams will be if they follow his lead. SHIT! Thats why all the kids get a trophy now even the loosers. Feminazation of america..... GAWD here I go into an old man rant! AHhahaaaaaaa.
BDRAG

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Just think about all the people who get screwed with auto repair/service and never realize it.

My Dad use to love the local Firestone shop owner and would take his car in there and ask them to check it over. I'd be like "Dad, have they ever NOT found something wrong?" He unneccessarily spent thousands at that place. Mother ****ing Crooks.

Last edited:

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
That sucks! This is exactly why I never let any of those grease monkeys touch my vehicles. I've heard and seen too many horror stories. Jiffy Lube cross threaded and then stripped the drain plug on my brother's old Jeep Cherokee. That resulted in a blown engine.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear about all this trouble you had. I would definitely let the owner know what happened. I do as much routine maintenance as I can, and when I have to take it in, I stay and watch them like a hawk! I don't trust anyone with my shit, and that goes for my bikes as well!

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On some of the motorcycle forums I frequent I have a following for my short stories dealing with normal CRAP and well ******* things that happen weather its while riding or just ******* stuff that happens. TAILS OF THE ******* is what its know as. Guess I will add this one to the book!

So time for the first oil change for the Raptor today. I have been using a local Penzoil Quik Lube on all my cars and trucks for the past 15 -18 years. I have gotten to know the Owner John and watched him struggle and make his shop work and make a profit. I like that. Work hard and take care of people and they will come back.

So I decide what the hell, I will run the SCREW by there late this afternoon. I pull right in. The usual ohhh awwwwww and its just a truck from me comment. I tell them I want my oil of choice, they have it, and I explain about the skid plate panel and that there is a small drip shoot or slew or whatever the thing is and I casually mention that they should just loosen the filter and let it drain slowly as to not make a big mess. The tech says o.k.

My phone rings, I walk off for the call. I come back 2 minutes later and the oil is drained, the filter is removed and the FREAKING ******** tech had just pulled the filter and dumped the oil everywhere. NEVER removed the panel or nuttin! I asked him, Did you and I not just have a conversation about how to do that? He looks like a deer in the head lights! I asked what the hell? He replies we wash it down and give you a car wash coupon. OH HELL I was PISSED! I exclaim DUDE! The ******* truck don't fit through a car wash, its to ******* big! SHIT! He says don't worry, we will get it clean. Now I am steaming. The owners not there and the usual techs are nowhere to be seen.

Now the real deal comes, he can't determin what filter goes back on. He says, the book don't show a filter for this truck and neither does our computer. I say look up the HD or King Ranch 6.2, probably the same filter. Well they struggle and someone calls VOTO ZONE! The give them a cross reference part and the tech says they have it in stock. Pheeewwwweeee. I thought the worst there for a second. The guy below puts on the filter and the guy up top hosed down the engine bay with a spray cleaner that smelt like simple green. Dumped a bunch of the blue washer box fluid around and wipped up here and there. I was fumming! I just wanted the **** out of there.

The teck adds the oil and didn't even check the fill level. I asked ya gonna check it. He says I put 7 qts in, That is whats called for. I asked how do ya know, you couldn't find shit for this truck in the book? He says it says it on a tag. I am mind numb by this point and just want the **** OUT! For some reason I just shut up and paid my $72.00 for this wonderful experiance. I figgered I would clean up my shit when I got home.

So off I go and driving along I get the freaking burnt oil smel. SHIT! ASS WIPE! I then noticed the oil pressure looked higher than it had before. not a lot but some. I say its gotta be the fresh oil right? I get home the 4 miles and get out the tools to clean the mess up. I crawled down and under and see freaking oil all over the skid plate and just everywhere. Drips here and there on my damn clean driveway. SHIT! I open the hood, check the oil and its 1 qt low! ****! I remove the skid plate access panel. Freaking oil had draind everywhere. what a ******** and I am gettin real pissed. I start wiping and I looked at the oil filter and its clean but its like 3/4 of an inch smaller diamiter than the one that came off. WTF???? The OEM filter was the same OD as the heat sink filter base. This filter was smaller? I reached up and gave it a twist and it was not loose but it was not tight either. ****! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I stop, clean my hands off, write down the filter numbers I can see and go get on line to see what the hell was going on. These ********* put a PH500 filter for a damn tarus or some shit on there. I see that the filter has a bypass pressure of 8psi and flows 8 gpm. I find a thread here for oil and filters and see the Motorcraft FL820S mentioned. I look it up and its listed for the 6.2 as well as the M1-210, PH2, and so on. The GPMs for these is 10 - 12 gpm and the pressure bypass is like 12 psi. No where does it say a PH500 is recomended. This is a freaking JOKE! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggerrrrrrrrr.

I jump in the CRV and off to the local auto parts I always use. I get the correct filter, I went with the $4.00 FL820S and got a few qts of my syn oil of choice. I get back and unscrewed the new filter BY HAND a few turns and let it slowly drain as I had recomended to the tech. It worked fine. I wipe off the area and install the CORRECT SIZE filter. I clean off all the oil I can and go fire up the motor. Pressure is right where it use to be before that ******** put some ******** on my ride. No leaks! I replace the skip plate panel. I wipe off the under side of everything. I clean up and add some oil. It took more than a qt and I bet I didn't drain out 8 ozs of oil doing the filter. I closed the hood and just stand back and reflect. I AM ONE *******! What the hell was I thinking? I let these LAME ASSED PECKERWOODS work on my shit? WTF was I thinking???? They could have done some real damage if I had kept driving with the wrong shit on there. CRAP! Later I did look up that PH500 and found a thread where the FL820S is used in lew of the PH500. Its bigger and has more filter media than the 500. No where did it mention the pressures and flow though.

I am out another $20 and about 1 1/2 hours of my time. I am going by the lube place one day this week and will explain all of this to John. I hope he offers me an apology. I don't know if I will EVER use these guys again even though this is the first time in 15 - 18 years that they did some crappy work, well that I KNOW of anyway! I don't want anyone fired, I don't want my money back for the oil change. I want these guys to give a shit though! I do want my $20 for my oil and filter. I just want him to explain to the techs that NOT EVERY VEHICLE THAT COMES IN CAN BE TREATED LIKE A COROLLA OR TATA! SHIT! I am old and stupid and a *******! This is all my fault! GAWD!

BDRAG

That just really more than sucks, I'm glad you were able to rectify the situation before it became an even bigger issue.

Oh, and yes, you have a following here too, at least I will speak for myself. I always look for your stories for a good laugh, at least in their descriptions....keep em coming man!

trolls56

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is why I change it myself. Just so you know in the future if they can't figure out which filter it is for a 6.2 it is the same one as the 5.4.