911 Crazy's Mod Squad Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, I was thinking the shipping would be tough for 4 wheels back and forth. I love mine and get complements all the time.
4? I’m doing all 5. What did your guy charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see how that holds up with the flares not being removed. I mean the edging inbetween, Great idea though for protection and expensive. We had it done on the wifes new rav4.

Here is the owner's perspective on the flairs.

"I’m assuming that they are talking about the Fender Flairs. If that is the case, with experience, we have learned that if you reinstall flares on top of the film on the fender, the constant movement and bounce will rub that area and the film will start to pucker because the flares are so tight. Imagine those two surfaces rubbing together with film there. This happens at times where hood scoops are tight such as on a Charger Hellcat. Some may want the hood scoop removed and the film tucked under it. That scoop is tight so the film will picker at those points. We install 1/16 of an inch from the flair so that doesn’t happen. We wrap the flare separately and wrap all the under the wheel well when possible.
Attached is an example."

unnamed-8.jpg

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is the owners perspective on the flairs.

"I’m assuming that they are talking about the Fender Flairs. If that is the case, with experience, we have learned that if you reinstall flares on top of the film on the fender, the constant movement and bounce will rub that area and the film will start to pucker because the flares are so tight. Imagine those two surfaces rubbing together with film there. This happens at times where hood scoops are tight such as on a Charger Hellcat. Some may want the hood scoop removed and the film tucked under it. That scoop is tight so the film will picker at those points. We install 1/16 of an inch from the flair so that doesn’t happen. We wrap the flare separately and wrap all the under the wheel well when possible.
Attached is an example."

View attachment 154170
Well that's good they are doing it separate. Your posted picture earlier didn't suggest that. Hopefully it doesn't lift around the edges. I've seen shit, that's why I mention it.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's good they are doing it separate. Your posted picture earlier didn't suggest that. Hopefully it doesn't lift around the edges. I've seen shit, that's why I mention it.

This guy is so on top of things that he's made arrangements with a shop he trusts up my way to give it it's 3 week check up for any air bubbles that he would normally do for locals. Plus he said to stop by whenever I'm down that way as he gives a 10 year warranty. That's one of the reasons it was easier to swallow the kind of coinage it takes.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This guy is so on top of things that he's made arrangements with a shop he trusts up my way to give it it's 3 week check up for any air bubbles that he would normally do for locals. Plus he said to stop by whenever I'm down that way as he gives a 10 year warranty. That's one of the reasons it was easier to swallow the kind of coinage it takes.
It will lift a bit on the edges before 10 years, especially on the stretched corners, unless you keep it in a temperature control garage, even then, IDK. Keep your warranty papers. In the end, it's there to protect your paint, which it will do just fine.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will lift a bit on the edges before 10 years, especially on the stretched corners, unless you keep it in a temperature control garage, even then, IDK. Keep your warranty papers. In the end, it's there to protect your paint, which it will do just fine.

Owner says mine won't lift as most pieces are wrapped so no exposed edge.