8.22.22 Build Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey it's me. Still waiting. Ordered January this year, starting to get frustrated. I may just keep my Gen 1.
For me, production date of 8/22, BCE modules loaded this morning, nothing under PCM and no tear tag. I am hoping soon though!

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think I would have gotten my 22 if it got here in December. Considering it’s a 22 will be a year old. and would sit out there for 3 months. Happy mine came in 2 weeks ago. 08/22 blend date

bgfx

Reaction score
Honestly I don’t think I would have gotten my 22 if it got here in December. Considering it’s a 22 will be a year old. and would sit out there for 3 months. Happy mine came in 2 weeks ago. 08/22 blend date
Yeah I don’t think I’m willing to even pay MSRP for a 22 with 23’s rolling in, I know a lot of people are desperate and willing to lose their man hoods for this truck but it’s looking more like I may just order a 23 and probably be in a better position than buying this 22

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think I’m willing to even pay MSRP for a 22 with 23’s rolling in, I know a lot of people are desperate and willing to lose their man hoods for this truck but it’s looking more like I may just order a 23 and probably be in a better position than buying this 22
I agree ! I only got mine because it got here in the middle of October. but most likely I will get a 24 if ford still makes another year. Hopefully by 24 they bring back all the options they **** away.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why?

The only differences are that the 23 drops the heated steering wheel, and different paint options.

bgfx

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, why?

The only differences are that the 23 drops the heated steering wheel, and different paint options.
Value tbh, with 23’s rolling out 22’s will start losing value faster. I know raptors hold their value but model years will dictate value more than anything. The used car market is tanking with caravana losing half its value in 2 days and carmax looking similarly as bad the bubble is bursting so value will return to the used car market and prices of all vehicles will be dropping.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heated side view mirrors also, tailgate appliqué more rare
No, why do people keep repeating that?

Value tbh, with 23’s rolling out 22’s will start losing value faster. I know raptors hold their value but model years will dictate value more than anything. The used car market is tanking with caravana losing half its value in 2 days and carmax looking similarly as bad the bubble is bursting so value will return to the used car market and prices of all vehicles will be dropping.

Don't think that's true. Mileage dictates value primarily, especially in non-refresh model years. I do not think you will see any meaningful difference at all between a new MY22 and new MY23 at any point.

MY often impacts value because of minor improvements from year to year. In this case, it's the opposite, so there's no reasoning for that here.

bgfx

Reaction score
No, why do people keep repeating that?

Don't think that's true. Mileage dictates value primarily, especially in non-refresh model years. I do not think you will see any meaningful difference at all between a new MY22 and new MY23 at any point.

MY often impacts value because of minor improvements from year to year. In this case, it's the opposite, so there's no reasoning for that here.
Hmm so a 22 will sell for the same price as 23 in a used market? Mileage does play a part but typically a newer MY will have less mileage. Yeah I have been buying and flipping cars for a long time, I haven’t seen that trend.