8.22.22 Build Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyLord

Reaction score
Just chatted with Ford customer service. The drones tell me that the Raptor is being handed off to the 2nd rail line somewhere in Indiana.
Then curiosity got the best of me and started picking their brain on price protection and that my dealer might not be holding true to the order price from last October. He is going to keep it at MSRP, that’s been promised to me but I keep on hearing the same thing “I don’t think Raptor is price protected”. So figured what the hell, complain a little about it and document my frustration with it all. Feedback goes to the dealership and ford corporate she says. I’m sure I’ll **** off the dealer, but I don’t care if I walk from the truck. I don’t need it, I want it. I’ve went in multiple times now to hear, I messaged the regional rep, call you back in an hour or 2. Still crickets. I think this is a worse experience then what I’m going through with the Bronco I have ordered through Granger (not their fault).

I’m still salty on ford saying “broncos will be built according to reservation time stamp” & “no dealer stock until reservations have been built”. Yeah, that bs changed quick.
Mine should be here next week. I’ll let you know how my dealer handles the price protection. They’re acting just like yours. “Pay the new msrp”.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There asking me for the documents that say raptors are price protected because in their system it shows nothing which is bs. But I might just have to pay the new msrp and deal with it.

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine should be here next week. I’ll let you know how my dealer handles the price protection. They’re acting just like yours. “Pay the new msrp”.

It’s pissing me off more then I initially planned…

Hope for yours, and my sake they decide to be upstanding dealerships like the other 90% of the guys who bought post-February purchases.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s pissing me off more then I initially planned…

Hope for yours, and my sake they decide to be upstanding dealerships like the other 90% of the guys who bought post-February purchases.
My dealership has been awesome. Ford has been horrible. My dealership has been very open and honest with me, and Ford has been playing stupid games. I posted a longer description of the issue in another forum, but a quick summary:

I placed my order on Feb 1 for a $78,240 truck, just before the $3,300 price increase (Feb 10), $850 price increase (April 13), and -$1,395 Blue Cruise Credit. So I was thrilled, because I was supposed to get the truck for $76,845 including the Blue Cruise credit. Ford never built the truck, nor even sent me a VIN. They instead produced many stock orders that sat on dealerships for 15-20k over sticker locally.

We then had to create a new '23 order when the regional ford rep told us the '22s were done, but they would build it as a '23. This increased my price (all things equal) to $82,760 on August 20th. My dealer was assigned a new regional rep, who was affected by the Florida hurricane and other things, and we lost contact with them until a few days ago. We were told there is no price protection on a 2022 Raptor that was re-ordered as a 2023 -- pay it or walk. (They are price protecting other vehicles and F-150s that were rolled into 2023, just not the Raptor, per ford.) In addition, the Rep told us that since the dealer purchased that allocation and was not given it, Ford would not be honoring it. So my allocation was pulled. My Raptor will not be built.

My dealer reached out to others and was able to find a '23 allocation last night at another dealer but I have to start all over. The price of the truck today (same configuration) is even higher than when we converted the old order to a '23 order in August.

Ford is really ******** over Raptor customers.

franky16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealership has been awesome. Ford has been horrible. My dealership has been very open and honest with me, and Ford has been playing stupid games. I posted a longer description of the issue in another forum, but a quick summary:

I placed my order on Feb 1 for a $78,240 truck, just before the $3,300 price increase (Feb 10), $850 price increase (April 13), and -$1,395 Blue Cruise Credit. So I was thrilled, because I was supposed to get the truck for $76,845 including the Blue Cruise credit. Ford never built the truck, nor even sent me a VIN. They instead produced many stock orders that sat on dealerships for 15-20k over sticker locally.

We then had to create a new '23 order when the regional ford rep told us the '22s were done, but they would build it as a '23. This increased my price (all things equal) to $82,760 on August 20th. My dealer was assigned a new regional rep, who was affected by the Florida hurricane and other things, and we lost contact with them until a few days ago. We were told there is no price protection on a 2022 Raptor that was re-ordered as a 2023 -- pay it or walk. (They are price protecting other vehicles and F-150s that were rolled into 2023, just not the Raptor, per ford.) In addition, the Rep told us that since the dealer purchased that allocation and was not given it, Ford would not be honoring it. So my allocation was pulled. My Raptor will not be built.

My dealer reached out to others and was able to find a '23 allocation last night at another dealer but I have to start all over. The price of the truck today (same configuration) is even higher than when we converted the old order to a '23 order in August.

100%

Pharmer79

Reaction score
Mine was a 2/2 order and currently being shipped. Should be interesting to see how they handle the old msrp vs new msrp. Sorry raydulce, that could have been me as well. That really sucks

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That’s cool that your dealership is helping you out. But ordering in February seems a long shot all by itself to have gotten a ‘22.
I don’t believe any f-150 is price protected from 22 to 23. I don’t have an article but I’m confident I read fords release on that.

Honestly, it sounds like your dealership may have sold you a truck they didn’t have an allocation for, especially if they are having you start over from scratch at another dealer. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Not trying to defend Ford tho…I think there should be some level of price protection for any individual orders. It’s total BS.

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s cool that your dealership is helping you out. But ordering in February seems a long shot all by itself to have gotten a ‘22.
I don’t believe any f-150 is price protected from 22 to 23. I don’t have an article but I’m confident I read fords release on that.

Honestly, it sounds like your dealership may have sold you a truck they didn’t have an allocation for, especially if they are having you start over from scratch at another dealer. That doesn’t make sense to me.

Not trying to defend Ford tho…I think there should be some level of price protection for any individual orders. It’s total BS.
Yeah, i get it. I know for sure my dealer had an allocation though, but I completely understand why people think the dealer didn't. It's a really complicated situation due to Ford's handling of it all. It's a small town dealer with very limited allocations, so they didn't have a '23 allocation left to help me out after Ford left me high and dry.