7.0?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Yep - it is well on its way now. I am curious how badly the depreciation hit will be on the 17/18 ecoboost models. I bet it's significant like the 5.4 was when the 6.2 was introduced.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep - it is well on its way now. I am curious how badly the depreciation hit will be on the 17/18 ecoboost models. I bet it's significant like the 5.4 was when the 6.2 was introduced.

It will be as big as you want it to be since all of this is nothing more than a figment of your imagination.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy hit the nail on the head (market pressure), otherwise the ecoboost is here to stay unfortunately. That said, there's rumors that Ford is thinking about a Super Duty Raptor to compete w/ the Power Wagon and I could see the 7.0 making it there.

That would sick.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score

There you go douchenozzle, showing your ignorance.

The 5.4's did not take a depreciation hit. They cost less and returned the same % when used that the 6.2's did. I know for a fact because I sold my 5.4 for almost exactly what I paid for it.

Go drill a weep hole in your head and show us the pics.

Dachuri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There you go douchenozzle, showing your ignorance.

The 5.4's did not take a depreciation hit. They cost less and returned the same % when used that the 6.2's did. I know for a fact because I sold my 5.4 for almost exactly what I paid for it.

Go drill a weep hole in your head and show us the pics.

There you go getting all technical and shit. Who said anything about brining facts to a thread like this in the first place?

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was Ford and wanted MAX profits, if keep putting ecoboosts as long as demand was high, once it started to drop, id put in the already developed 5.0 and get all the v8 zealots to buy in. Id sell it as the base option and charge 2000 dollars more for the ecoboost option. All those unhappy with the ecoboost would buy my v8 and all those holding out for a v8 would buy it. Then after the first year of the v8, and after all the people who spent their money on the 5.0, I'd drop the ecoboost and bring out the 7.0 as the higher end 2000 dollar upgrade. It would have 500 Hp and 500lbs of torque. All the 5.0 owners will be lining up to trade in for a 7.0.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I was Ford and wanted MAX profits, if keep putting ecoboosts as long as demand was high, once it started to drop, id put in the already developed 5.0 and get all the v8 zealots to buy in. Id sell it as the base option and charge 2000 dollars more for the ecoboost option. All those unhappy with the ecoboost would buy my v8 and all those holding out for a v8 would buy it. Then after the first year of the v8, and after all the people who spent their money on the 5.0, I'd drop the ecoboost and bring out the 7.0 as the higher end 2000 dollar upgrade. It would have 500 Hp and 500lbs of torque. All the 5.0 owners will be lining up to trade in for a 7.0.

I think they would charge way more than $2k for the increase - it will definitely sell. It could even be a special model (Raptor R or some such marketing nonsense) with a truly signficant upcharge.

Also, I think a 7.0 DOHC should be a lot more powerful than that. The 2006 LS7 made 505 horsepower. I don't think they will go nuts with it. I figured it would make 505 in the works trucks (with immense torque down low). In the Raptor they would put bigger cams in it for sure.

But I don't disagree with your general thought pattern. They would definitely sell a lot of units with that strategy.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Edit - just wanted to add. The current 5.0 makes 395 horse in a Platinum

Same tune = 395/5.0*7.0 = 553 horsepower

That's what I would expect them to do with it in a Raptor.

If it has an aluminum block, all the better.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You EcoBoost deniers, twin turbo haters and V8 beggers crack me up. You make up scenarios that James Bond would struggle to figure out. You think there's a conspiracy theory around every aspect of there not being a V8 in the Raptor.

Maybe you should hold your breath waiting for the V8 to come. The end of the world is coming. Which one will come first? HA HA