7.0 V8... Yes... Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are deleted and tuned 3 liter powerstrokes putting out an additional 250-300 ft lbs while obtaining 28 mpg whiie doing it so yes it can do a lot more than than the 3.5 liter gas burner.

500 hp and 800 ft lbs out of a 3 liter diesel motor is impressive

I think most people here are interested in a factory truck from ford. Not some 3rd party Frankenstein truck that you then have to further mod yourself.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was not particularly talking about a Frankenstein truck. The only reason we have the 3 liter baby stroke in the states is due to the increased CAFE numbers coming in the next few years. I enjoy averaging 25 mpg in my FX4 F150, just like the electric F150 to hit the market in the next few years. I am not knocking on the 3.5 liter eco boost Raptor but this very thread proves that people are not happy with a v6 powering the halo f150 which is what you have here.

The 3 liter diesel making its way into the new Bronco will be great, I am not sure what the future holds but I can tell you lots of people have dumped their eco Boost motors for the 3 liter diesel and a lot of them are previous Gen 2 Raptor owners. I did not get another Raptor mainly due to the eco boost v6 since it is maxed out in this configuration. I would love them to put the GT500 motor into the Raptor it would probably bring me back into one which is why I am here still.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was not particularly talking about a Frankenstein truck. The only reason we have the 3 liter baby stroke in the states is due to the increased CAFE numbers coming in the next few years. I enjoy averaging 25 mpg in my FX4 F150, just like the electric F150 to hit the market in the next few years. I am not knocking on the 3.5 liter eco boost Raptor but this very thread proves that people are not happy with a v6 powering the halo f150 which is what you have here.

The 3 liter diesel making its way into the new Bronco will be great, I am not sure what the future holds but I can tell you lots of people have dumped their eco Boost motors for the 3 liter diesel and a lot of them are previous Gen 2 Raptor owners. I did not get another Raptor mainly due to the eco boost v6 since it is maxed out in this configuration. I would love them to put the GT500 motor into the Raptor it would probably bring me back into one which is why I am here still.

Define "a lot of people" because I haven't heard of a single person dumping their Gen2 for a regular F150 diesel and I've been on this forum, checking it daily for about 2 years in addition to a facebook group. Sound like typical made up Sasquatch-like BS. Best I've seen is a small handful of people going SD because of towing requirements, but that's not the same as what you're saying. Beyond that, I've actually seen more people go the other way SD > Raptor. Why is it I've never seen these transitions you're claiming are so common?

jstnumber73

Reaction score
There are deleted and tuned 3 liter powerstrokes putting out an additional 250-300 ft lbs while obtaining 28 mpg whiie doing it so yes it can do a lot more than than the 3.5 liter gas burner.

500 hp and 800 ft lbs out of a 3 liter diesel motor is impressive

Can you show me anything online making near those numbers? I'm curious and I cant find anything in forums or youtube.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
very common in the f150 diesel forum, as a matter of fact I am one of three former Gen 1 owners mainly due to mileage and age of the truck, and several Gen 2 owners. Maybe they switched due to the extra mileage who knows but until 2019 the diesel 3 liter was only in the Lariat plus most are Platinum and King Ranch models. I looked at the super duty but it is a larger truck SD is the king of Power Strokes no doubt but the 3 liter is a legit motor as well. No Raptor will go 700 miles plus in range, the F150 power stroke fills a small void for towing mileage and MPG plus it makes nice power doing it.attachment.jpg

closer to 600 wh torque but this tune is also not fully developed Greenway engineering is talking in the 450-500 whp range plus 750+ ft lbs of torque once fully developed.

Last edited:

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove a 150 with a short stroke in it.... seemed fine , personally I wouldn't mind a power stroke option or v8 for that matter