60" LED Tailgate Light Bar Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the solid LED look of the Raptor's taillights, but was disappointed that they keep using combined brake and turn signals instead of separating them with having one unit for brake and a separate one for turn. Because of that, I'm looking for a good 60" LED Tailgate Light Bar but I'm coming up short with the limited choices available currently.

The goal would be a solid bar of light like the Putco Switchblade, but with sequential / scanning RED turn signals without the amber at all. It seems to be the OPT7 Redline with 120 LEDs is the only other decent option, has a really nice sequential feature, but still has the amber for the turns. I don't want the older individual LEDs like everyone used to have in the past, and the OPT7 has that but there are so many LEDs, it appears as a solid beam of light.

PUTCO SWITCHBLADE DEMO:

Very nice, clean looking bar, but uses a solid amber for turn signals. Not ideal with the red taillights on the Raptor, but likely the best option available so far. Pricey though at nearly $200.

OPT7 REDLINE DEMO (after lots of talking):

Has the scanning / sequential turn signal feature, again unfortunately in amber, but in all the videos I found, it has an unforgivable delay when braking or hitting the turn signal. You can't expect people to know you're braking without the LEDs coming on at the exact same time as the taillights. Also, the height of this thing may be too big to fit in the opening for the tailgate, not sure because I don't have any measurements of the bar or the opening to compare yet.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists: red and white solid LED light bar with sequential red turn signals? I feel like the Putco added the amber for safety to tell the difference, but when the whole bar turns off just to turn on the amber, they could have easily done that with red instead.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there are a number of under-tailgate light bar options including red only, amber and red and, red, amber and white (reverse) lights

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, there are a number of under-tailgate light bar options including red only, amber and red and, red, amber and white (reverse) lights

I've done quite a bit of searching online so far looking for one, any thoughts on where I should look that has the criteria I'm asking about?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking for a good 60" LED Tailgate Light Bar with sequential / scanning RED turn signals without amber.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists: red and white solid LED light bar with sequential red turn signals?

I've done quite a bit of searching online so far looking for one, any thoughts on where I should look that has the criteria I'm asking about?

You've got a solid list of requirements that's going to make it difficult to find what you're looking for.

Have you contacted Putco to ask them if they have or can make what you're looking for?

They show it on a Super Duty so I assume it'll fit on the Raptor. (Ask Putco)

I don't have time to search for you but here's a starting point which you've likely tried.

Keep us posted on what you do/don't find.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1.0.kQ_6Af5l4ho

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've got a solid list of requirements that's going to make it difficult to find what you're looking for.

I don't have time to search for you but here's a starting point which you've likely tried.

Keep us posted on what you do/don't find.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...j33i22i29i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1.0.kQ_6Af5l4ho

Thanks, definitely tried just about every combination of that search. Looked on eBay, Amazon, lots of truck sites, etc, but was hoping someone who knows trucks has heard of something I haven't found easily. Going to check out some custom lighting companies in Charlotte who love a challenge.

I've looked into the LightGlow (just cheap) and one called SPE that has an all red and white option, but no scanning and not enough LEDs to make it bright enough. Has to match the truck, and so far, nothing does....

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, definitely tried just about every combination of that search. Looked on eBay, Amazon, lots of truck sites, etc, but was hoping someone who knows trucks has heard of something I haven't found easily. Going to check out some custom lighting companies in Charlotte who love a challenge.

I've looked into the LightGlow (just cheap) and one called SPE that has an all red and white option, but no scanning and not enough LEDs to make it bright enough. Has to match the truck, and so far, nothing does....

Give Putco and other mfrs a call and see what they have or will do. Let us know what you find out. I'm interested.

OP
OP
KryptosXLayer2

KryptosXLayer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score

VERY old technology LEDs, not solid looking by any means:

product_photo-large_image-38.jpg

product_photo-large_image-43.jpg

I saw those, but they're not what I'm looking for, thanks

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I'm thinking what would be cool on the putco is to wire the ambers to an upfitter for use as just amber running lights for offroading

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro