6.2l toasted after 66,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CBW

Reaction score
Number 8 cylinder misfire code followed immediately by a cloud of smoke, a loud buzz, low oil pressure light then total engine shut down.
Trucks hydrolocked.
It's just weird, I read about all these high mileage trucks and whole I've been on top of all maintenance, and don't really offroad, (mostly logging roads and city miles).... THE engine is toast at 66k.
2011 SCREW btw.
My question is, are there any others here with a low mileage blown motor? Or am I just that unlucky?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 85,000 with no issues and 50 thousand of that is with a whipple. I change oil every 2500 miles though . Recently replaced entire ignition system and maf and oxygen sensors. Runs really good

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Three engines in 66K miles? Damn. The lifespan of three 6.2L engines would typically last most people their whole lives. Apparently you are just that unlucky. The 6.2L engine is still the base engine in the Superduty to this day. There are no common issues that I've ever heard of that lead to outright failure.

OP
OP
C

CBW

Reaction score
***the
Lol, not third.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn.. do you drive stoplight to stoplight with your foot through the floor board? Any aftermarket add-ons? Bummer, but now you have a chance to build a real killer motor...

OP
OP
C

CBW

Reaction score
I've been pretty easy on it really. Played a little at the beach but nothing major.
Bone stock engine with afe intake. That's it. Just a ****** roll of the dice I think.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been pretty easy on it really. Played a little at the beach but nothing major.
Bone stock engine with afe intake. That's it. Just a ****** roll of the dice I think.

Sounds like it. :flame: