6.2L cat foward and mid pipe comparo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubiconKiller

Reaction score
Looking at American Racing Headers and Kooks (there might be others) the mid-pipes are different. Can anyone tell me why there isn't a true dual first of all and the designs are different in the mid-pipes ones a Y and the other goes into the side of the straight pipe of the passenger so what is the benefit of one over the other? Was there any true tuning used to make the mid-pipe, if any?

Thanks

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'm looking for a true dual too. The SVT guys at the dealer looked at me like I had 3 heads when I asked - so I guess it will be a custom job when I get around to it.
With all the mods for the 6.2 Mustangs, I'm sure it wont be too hard to fab something up.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stainless Works Stainless Works - Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems has a complete, true dual exhaust out for the 6.2 now. I dunno why no one did a dual sooner. I also don't know what exhaust pulse tuning was done to the mid pipe, if any. A couple pictures of the Stainless Works exhaust, not my truck but a guy that goes by the name of wiz1500.

raptor dual one.jpg

raptor dual two.jpg

raptor dual three.jpg

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Awesome - Thanks Pirate.
Now to get a set, and modify to exit in front of the rear tires each side...
Can't wait.

OP
OP
R

RubiconKiller

Reaction score
Pirate Air - Wow the SW looks great and you can never go wrong with true dual.
Need vid and/or sound clip!

JP7 - Don't know about the exhaust coming out on the driver's side with gas tank sittin there

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Lol - well with the right mufflers, it should deepen up more. Sounds better than the overblown Supertrap exhaust I see out here a lot.