6.2 Exhaust Shoot Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtcatsfan

Reaction score
I'd vote for the Borlas.

Anybody with the Borlas experience any drone. I have Borla stingers on my mustang and love them. But they have some drone at low RPMs. As long as you keep your foot in it, they sound amazing though.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
hahahaa who's that in the back ground. Dad, neighbor asking a million questions..
Sound very nice trolls

hahah a little late on the response

but thats my truck

thats what i had on it prior to this spintech i got yesterday

OP
OP
SCelebs

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just added another corsa exhaust video. Definitely one of my fav sounding cat backs, it has such a nice tone to it.

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IDK who owns the Raptor in the last Corsa vid, but 'd love to hear that truck let loose. He cuts the throttle just as the motor starts to come to life. By far the better sounding, the other vids were too tame. Except SOCOMech's of course

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I have had mine on for over a month now. Love it. Just make sure when you have it installed that the shop uses an over the OEM pipe flair and not an inside the pipe flair. When the shop did mine the guy just made a short adapter pipe on the inlet and swedge it to fit on the inside of the OEM 3" pipe. It sounded real nice! BUT! I had a power loss in the 4500 RPM range, flat spot. Went back a few days later and had the guy cut out his adapter and make one that went OVER the oem pipe , no restriction and its real nice now but not as loud as it was. Weird huh?

When the guy cut it out he had decreased the ID of my 3" pipe to about 2 3/4"- 3 5?8 of an inch. Hard to belive but it must have been a restriction. The 6.2 did not like that.

Now its real nice even at hyway speed and makes as much noise down shifting as it does reving up or accelarating. I left the resinator in on my SCREW. Don't know how that sounds compared to the vid. I like it and it was a $200 mod.......

BDRAG

First Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, have the MagnaFlow cat-back in place. 2011 6.2 SCAB. Sounds good at start-up and under good acceleration, but at light acceleration, around 30-40 MPH there is a flutter type noise. Almost sound like a standing wave oscillation. Anybody else have this? Is this normal? Is there a break-in period? Would long-tube header make this better or worse?

Thanks