5 Things I hate about my Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the missing phone controls on the steering wheel and the carbon fiber package. I remember the first call I got and I went scrambling trying to find a button to answer it haha. Also, I do wish the carbon fiber was more pronounced especially since we pay almost 1k for the package.

My gen 2 carbon package was much nicer. Seriously not sure what Ford was thinking with the carbon package this go around.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a thread here somewhere showing Gen 2 stock Dyno vs Gen 3 stock Dyno. Gen 3 is improved along the lines you requested if I remember correctly.

Goosetuned thread in gen 3 Performance forum.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a thread here somewhere showing Gen 2 stock Dyno vs Gen 3 stock Dyno. Gen 3 is improved along the lines you requested if I remember correctly.
I saw that, but also saw conflicting information from another source on one of the FB groups. At the end of the day, the Ford advertised numbers speak volumes. Personally it's still got plenty of power, but still surprised Ford didn't give a bump seeing how it was a full re-design.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that, but also saw conflicting information from another source on one of the FB groups. At the end of the day, the Ford advertised numbers speak volumes. Personally it's still got plenty of power, but still surprised Ford didn't give a bump seeing how it was a full re-design.
Agreed with your thinking. I would trust Goosetuned’s data since he posted screenshots of the dyno runs.

OP
OP
Bubbasuwannee

Bubbasuwannee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with your thinking. I would trust Goosetuned’s data since he posted screenshots of the dyno runs.
I'm surely fine with some hidden/un-advertised power. Truck does seem to have a slight boost down low like some have mentioned, but definitely nothing substantial over my 19' based on my butt dyno. I'll have my 2nd video out next week. Spent a good bit of time driving offroad in the Colorado Rockies a week ago. Shocker...truck definitely didn't disappoint offroad.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Why post a video when a bullet point list would be ten times easier? I'm not about to waste my time with a video. Just sayin'

Yeah, just type out the 5 things. I hate watching those type videos. I realize it's probably your income but all the jibber jabber on those videos is generally a waste of time. Just not for me. Did not watch.