5 Star tune & custom tune on dyno

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lxlaw

Reaction score
Sorry about that. Thought I posted both of them

I see you got 325 stock. That was interesting. I had one on the dyno today. Pull right off the street was 360ish. Then I removed speed limiter, and HP fell to 320, 325 and 315 on back to back to back. Looking at log, the truck had adapted and learned to run 17-18psi, then when I reflashed a stock tune, it fell to 13-15. I didn't put this one on kill because this dude is a beast on trucks and drives them like the Baja. I stopped at 18.5-19psi. Im curious at the boost level they are running on 93 octane gas to achieve those numbers. Did they put a set of colder plugs in? What boost? My IAT's at 19psi climb to over 160 rather rapidly on the street. What were IAT's on these runs? Raptor definitely has more aggressive adaptives on boost and timing than old F150's. But 320 was right in the old area of the regular F150s.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you got 325 stock. That was interesting. I had one on the dyno today. Pull right off the street was 360ish. Then I removed speed limiter, and HP fell to 320, 325 and 315 on back to back to back. Looking at log, the truck had adapted and learned to run 17-18psi, then when I reflashed a stock tune, it fell to 13-15. I didn't put this one on kill because this dude is a beast on trucks and drives them like the Baja. I stopped at 18.5-19psi. Im curious at the boost level they are running on 93 octane gas to achieve those numbers. Did they put a set of colder plugs in? What boost? My IAT's at 19psi climb to over 160 rather rapidly on the street. What were IAT's on these runs? Raptor definitely has more aggressive adaptives on boost and timing than old F150's. But 320 was right in the old area of the regular F150s.

JMS had trouble pushing the boost too with the boostmax and ended up scaling back to around 2.8 pounds of additional boost under load.

5 star says their 93 tune pushes 1-6 additional pounds of boost. Not sure what that means.

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At what IAT2 does it start pulling timing? Did you put colder plugs in it? If it's making heat that fast, it would appear a bigger intercooler is almost mandatory. How long did it take to recover from the pulls, did the temps come right back down? Did you show and do you have an A/F graph you can share? What wideband do you use? And lastly, do you do remote tuning? Thanks

5 star says their 93 tune pushes 1-6 additional pounds of boost. Not sure what that means.
That is a scary statement

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a scary statement

It could be that at some RPM levels or load conditions, the added boost (over stock) varies. So, say that at high load at 2500 RPM, maybe they only have an additional 1 pound over stock in an effort to stave off knock, while higher in the RPM range, they add 6 pounds over stock.

Or I could be wrong. Take your pick.

lxlaw

Reaction score
I'm curious as to the hp of the tunes. If anyone in my area has a name brand tune in their 17 raptor, I'll offer a free dyno pull session. I'm curious to see how far off I am. I'm in Corpus Christi, TX area

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to the hp of the tunes. If anyone in my area has a name brand tune in their 17 raptor, I'll offer a free dyno pull session. I'm curious to see how far off I am. I'm in Corpus Christi, TX area

Sorry man too far of a drive. I'd be game too.