4th gear bog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwkhd1

Reaction score
On my 2018 Raptor Scab I have an issue ,when you first take off the truck shifts 1-2,2-3 but as it shifts into fourth gear it bogs like the engine shut off.It quickly recovers . Used to only happen after truck had been sitting , but has become more frequent. Any ideas ? My dealer has no clue , but they tell me my gear banging transmission " shifts as designed ". 5th gear will give you whiplash !!

thanks JW

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 screw does that sometimes. Only the first time it goes to 4th. After that it shifts normal

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a fix for this have your dealer reflash the transmission. There’s a TSB out about this

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2019 (owned a week) did this two times in a row when I was giving it the beans for the first time in sport mode through the gears. It seemed to hiccup into 4th gear, engine went flat for a second or two and then it kept going.

In manual mode and normal mode and for the rest of the drive, it acted fine.

Seems like a small software glitch.

ArmyTanker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 shifts perfectly in normal mode; however, in sport mode I get a harsh 3-4 & 4-5 shift. I supposedly have the latest flash per the dealer, but sill does it. I am beginning to think the issue is with the transmission main control valve body.

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing on my 19, mostly only happens when cold or the first few shifts of the drive, then it's good.

Took it in to the dealer and they said I'm not the first to complain about it. Confirmed no TSB but they "deleted the adaptive tables" so the truck had to "relearn" how I drive. The truck then shifted flawlessly for the next week or so, but it's starting to come back.