40" Rigid Install Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh wow. That's completely different than what I received from RIGID. All I got was the 40" bar and two wires coming off of it.

Why do you have red, black AND blue? Do you have two different sets of lights that you're wiring?

On my Duallys, they gave me red, blue and black. Red was for the pair of Amber Duallys. Blue was for the White Dually's Black was ground for both. Hmm...

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh wow. That's completely different than what I received from RIGID. All I got was the 40" bar and two wires coming off of it.

Why do you have red, black AND blue? Do you have two different sets of lights that you're wiring?

On my Duallys, they gave me red, blue and black. Red was for the pair of Amber Duallys. Blue was for the White Dually's Black was ground for both. Hmm...

Well, that comment makes me feel like i'm not TO MUCH OF A ******* then...:ROFLJest:

I have the following:

The plug in the upper right of the photo with the yellow around it plugs into the Rigid. Then it runs up inside a sleeve to what i believe is a relay.

The RED,BLUE and BLACK wires hook up to the toggle switch supplied by Rigid. Then they run up inside a sleeve to the same relay.

1667-a.jpg

I then have a red with a ring on it that would NORMALY go to the Positive of the battery and a black with a ring on it that would go to the fender for ground. Then they are inside a black sleeve that runs up to the same relay. (See picture of relay below)

1669-a.jpg

Relay:

1671-a.jpg

So, I have THREE sets of wires that run into this relay. What ones do I hook up to the AUX #1 pass-thru wire and which one to ground?

Hope this clarifies everything...:birgits_tiredcoffee

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Thanx for the help but I don't have a clue what a "weatherpack connector" is . Hell I wouldn't know what that was sober...

This is from the Raptor specific kit, the regular Rigid kit comes with a wired relay.

Well, that comment makes me feel like i'm not TO MUCH OF A ******* then...:ROFLJest:

I have the following:

The plug in the upper right of the photo with the yellow around it plugs into the Rigid. Then it runs up inside a sleeve to what i believe is a relay.

The RED,BLUE and BLACK wires hook up to the toggle switch supplied by Rigid. Then they run up inside a sleeve to the same relay.

1667-a.jpg

I then have a red with a ring on it that would NORMALY go to the Positive of the battery and a black with a ring on it that would go to the fender for ground. Then they are inside a black sleeve that runs up to the same relay. (See picture of relay below)

1669-a.jpg

Relay:

1671-a.jpg

So, I have THREE sets of wires that run into this relay. What ones do I hook up to the AUX #1 pass-thru wire and which one to ground?

Hope this clarifies everything...:birgits_tiredcoffee

The weatherpack connector is the connection with the yellow gasket that actually connects to the light. Follow the black and red from that connector to their first termination. The red one should be the relay, the black should just be the grounding eye. You do not need the relay, the fuse, or any of that crap, just the weatherpack (yellow) connector and enough wire to reach your aux wire and a good grounding point.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is from the Raptor specific kit, the regular Rigid kit comes with a wired relay.

The weatherpack connector is the connection with the yellow gasket that actually connects to the light. Follow the black and red from that connector to their first termination. The red one should be the relay, the black should just be the grounding eye. You do not need the relay, the fuse, or any of that crap, just the weatherpack (yellow) connector and enough wire to reach your aux wire and a good grounding point.

That makes sense. So where the Weatherpack meets the "RELAY" box, cut it off there and then ground it and red goes to Aux #1 pass thru...

Correct?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
That makes sense. So where the Weatherpack meets the "RELAY" box, cut it off there and then ground it and red goes to Aux #1 pass thru...

Correct?

The red wire should meet the relay box. The ground from the weatherpack should not go into the relay, it should go straight to the ring connector. But yeah you've the idea now.

*edit 300th post. need a cuss word.* Go plug that ****** in and take a pic.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The red wire should meet the relay box. The ground from the weatherpack should not go into the relay, it should go straight to the ring connector. But yeah you've the idea now.

*edit 300th post. need a cuss word.* Go plug that ****** in and take a pic.

Not quite. Black does go to box.

1672-relay-40-rigid.jpg

1673-a.jpg

1674-a.jpg

Here's a pic of the directions:

1675-a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Clip the black that goes from the weatherpack to the relay, and put a ring terminal on it, then ground that out.

Same with the RED I assume. I'll clip both right at the base of the Relay, put a ring on them and away I go, correct!

This better work and not BLOW THE **** UP!!!:lol:

This post has been like :beatdeadhorse5::emotions122::chair:

I'm going to bed and I'll mess with this tomorrow. This will give everyone else a chance to chime in before I plug this bad boy in...

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Red goes to the AUX switch wire/upfitter whatever you want to call it... Red goes to your ground bolt.