4 auto, front tires engage like a tight turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. So I finally ran into a problem with the Raptor. Today i put it in 4 auto due to heavy rains in Houston and the front tires would engage like they are going into a tight turn when im driving straight.... but the steering would correct itself then engage into another tight turn... trying to explain it best I can. Anyone run into an issue like this? 2wd, no issue and drives straight as an arrow. Never happened before in 4 auto.

- Chris

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dragonta2z

Reaction score
I’m asking cause i have 16k on mine and the wheels were wearing unevenly due to wheel alignment and would only pull in 4A also. Check the tread depths. Had to get new tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Torsen Diff creates a torque-steer/self-centering feel in 4A. Feels like a rubber band is trying to straighten the wheel. But nothing as dramatic as you describe. Sounds like there is something wrong with your front diff.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude. it'd barely raining

The stock tires are as bad as bald all-seasons on wet pavement. I've hit puddles and lost the rear end, going straight at 30mph!

I agree with jaz. Torque steer is normal, but constant pull going straight is indicative of an issue.

OP
OP
ChrisJTX

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m asking cause i have 16k on mine and the wheels were wearing unevenly due to wheel alignment and would only pull in 4A also. Check the tread depths. Had to get new tires

Tread depth is still good for me. Steering was more dramatic then something that would happen with a bad alignment. In 2w, it will drive straight with no issues.

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Torsen Diff creates a torque-steer/self-centering feel in 4A. Feels like a rubber band is trying to straighten the wheel. But nothing as dramatic as you describe. Sounds like there is something wrong with your front diff.
Im thinking the same, must be something wrong with the front diff. Used 4a many times,but today how the steering reacted was crazy, and at 17k mi something wrong with the front diff is also crazy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChrisJTX

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just got a call back from my rep. They checked the vacuum lines, checked alignment, rotated tires. Pretty much they dont know shit, rep forwarded this issue to ford corporate. Said I can pick up the truck, its drivable in 2w, and drop it back off once they get word back from ford corp.

For the Houston guys... what dealership you guys using that might have some techs that actually know how to problem solve the Raptor? Or is the way my dealership is doing it the procedure?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChrisJTX

ChrisJTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You were spot on brotha. Decided to swing in a buddies alignment shop across town due to my dealership not providing me a spec sheet for the alignment that they said they did, but couldn't give it to me due to the ticket being opened....bs. turned out to be a bad alignment, and uneven tire wear. Friend corrected it and set it up to get good tire life as well. He also stated the dealer never rotated my tires during the oil changes and only stated they did. Didnt have to get a new set of tires, friend said after the rotation it should wear out evenly. No pull to the left in 4a anymore, tracks straight. Cant believe the stealership didnt catch this and had to escalate to ford corp..lmao... probably didnt even do shit and bs'd everything..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter