3Rd brake light issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fergusf16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the 3rd brake light outboard LED lights on my 2013 are completely blown out and moisture is in the third brake light. I am taking it in because they want to take pics and order a new assembly......

Nando Svt

Reaction score
I've had issues with my 3rd brake light as well. I'm at the ford dealer right now getting it replaced bc water is inside the light. Caused 2 LEDs to go out. This is the second time this happens to my raptor. It's really annoying sitting at the dealer for this. Why does this happen, that water some how gets in the light. Does any one know of a way to stop this problem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing a thread where a guy made his own gasket.. I will try to find

FireLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had issues with my 3rd brake light as well. I'm at the ford dealer right now getting it replaced bc water is inside the light. Caused 2 LEDs to go out. This is the second time this happens to my raptor. It's really annoying sitting at the dealer for this. Why does this happen, that water some how gets in the light. Does any one know of a way to stop this problem ?

Here ya go..
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f183...ight-high-mounted-stop-lamp-tsb-ssm-fix-9989/

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have an unprecedented amount of moisture in my 2013 Screw Cabin. After reading all these threads I went outside to inspect my 3rd Brake Light. Sure enough there is alot of water inside the 3rd Brake light and one of the RED LED's are inoperative.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an appt set for Service on Monday. I will address it then....and see what the dealer would do for me
Matt likely they will replace the third brake light. Supposedly the replacement comes with a thicker gasket. Not sure why yours would have come that way from the factory since this has been a known issue and Ford has addressed it.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

RAFFLE IS TONIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
$500 gift card to Freedom Motorsports
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=796727

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt likely they will replace the third brake light. Supposedly the replacement comes with a thicker gasket. Not sure why yours would have come that way from the factory since this has been a known issue and Ford has addressed it.

Donate to Avery and be entered into a raffle for an awesome prize for your Raptor.

RAFFLE IS TONIGHT. GET YOUR TICKETS NOW!
$500 gift card to Freedom Motorsports
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=796727
You would think.
Disappointing

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am here at the dealer today. They have a 2014 and couple of used older year model raptors on the Lot. I looked at the third brake light. There looks to be a rubber gasket on the trucks. Mine never came with a rubber gasket. I told the advisor about it.