3Rd brake light issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi RC51TOFUMAN,

If you'd like, I can get this in front of your regional customer service manager. To get started, just send your information over to me in a PM and I'll do the rest. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership in your message. The dealership's service manager will be in the best position to answer your question about the gasket.

Crystal
Crystal / Ford Service,

PM SENT !!!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the plug? Above the head liner?

It appears so. Here's a pic I found online of what the situation is in a different year F150. I'm assuming the same construction is true across most model years. I'll document what I come across when I change mine out.

-brake-tail-light-installation-question-dsc01438-1.jpg

The loom in the pic is the wiring for the 3rd brake light. Right side is light, left side goes through cabin hole. The white clip protruding through the metal (which I didn't look for), is holding the factory plug. Apparently you have to pop that into the cabin to relieve some slack.

Here is that same plug assembly after the clip is pushed through, then fished through the opening.

-brake-tail-light-installation-question-dsc01439-1.jpg

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RAIN TODAY IN California

Hi RC51TOFUMAN,

If you'd like, I can get this in front of your regional customer service manager. To get started, just send your information over to me in a PM and I'll do the rest. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership in your message. The dealership's service manager will be in the best position to answer your question about the gasket.

Crystal

Well it rained today in California.
After a full day. I see moisture and drops of water inside my 3rd Brake light.

Crystal-FORD SERVICE....are you around?

I had my 3rd brake light replaced under warranty
12/22/2014
Theodore Robins Ford
advisor-Gregg Kessler
Odometer-16972
Customer#256018
Tag T2613
Invoice-145280
2013 Raptor Screw

So question now.......Will it get replaced under warranty again?

9/15/2015
Odometer 22,000 miles
:mad:

Last edited:

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was replaced on Friday

The tech screwed the Phillips screws in so tight he cracked both mount holes.

Bzzzzzzz
Try again!

Taking it back today on their dime.

EDIT: I was mistaken and although it looked cracked that is actually how the clear plastic part of the screw holes come from the factory (tech showed me the replacemeant part that they ordered) so false alarm. The tech did not do anything wrong, my bad. Overall experience just went positive, esp after they gave the rappy a bath.

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it rained today in California.
After a full day. I see moisture and drops of water inside my 3rd Brake light.

Crystal-FORD SERVICE....are you around?...

Yep, I'm here, RC51TOFUMAN! I got your PM and sent a reply this morning. I'll do what I can to help out.

Mine was replaced on Friday

The tech screwed the Phillips screws in so tight he cracked both mount holes.

Bzzzzzzz
Try again!

Taking it back today on their dime.

I'm sure they'll get this straightened out, MatMan. Come back and tell us how things go.

Crystal

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I'm here, RC51TOFUMAN! I got your PM and sent a reply this morning. I'll do what I can to help out.

I'm sure they'll get this straightened out, MatMan. Come back and tell us how things go.

Crystal

Crystal I replied to your PM just now.
Can you ask your people at Ford
Is there a "fix" for this?
Or do I have to keep On warranty the 3rd Brake Light?

Crystal

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Crystal I replied to your PM just now.
Can you ask your people at Ford
Is there a "fix" for this?
Or do I have to keep On warranty the 3rd Brake Light?

Hi RC51TOFUMAN,

I don't have access to our engineering folks or repair information. The best resource for those kinds of details is the service manager at your dealership. Give them a call; I'm sure they'll be eager to get some answers for you.

Crystal

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi RC51TOFUMAN,

I don't have access to our engineering folks or repair information. The best resource for those kinds of details is the service manager at your dealership. Give them a call; I'm sure they'll be eager to get some answers for you.

Crystal
So just for asking....
What can you help with?

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So just for asking....
What can you help with?

Hi RC51TOFUMAN,

I primarily act as a liaison to customer service managers (CSMs); they work with dealerships in their assigned regions to work on customer concerns like the one you're having. Once you've had your dealership inspect, I'll be able to escalate this to the CSM level.

Crystal