35s vs 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those who have gone from 35's to 37's. How much has this effected your acceleration, mpg, and overall drivability on the STREETS? Obviously we all know the 37s dominate the dirt, but this truck is my DD and i still want her to get up and go. I am looking at bfg projects which are 75 lbs and my stock bfg a/t are 65 lbs. 10 lb increase per wheel. Also does anyone know how much the method 17 standards weight i couldn't find values through google..(correct me if I'm wrong with the weights

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't regret going to 37's at all. They help in the dirt and look great.

I notice little performance change on the street. You can tell the gearing has changed a bit but a tune fixes that. You can adjust for the 37's which will make the shift points "correct". Also, you can make them slightly higher to account for the 37's. Overall, the Raptor has aggressive gearing and 37's work very well on the street.

Only downside is you'll see a 1-2mpg loss on the street.

I'd never go back to 35's.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't regret going to 37's at all. They help in the dirt and look great.

I notice little performance change on the street. You can tell the gearing has changed a bit but a tune fixes that. You can adjust for the 37's which will make the shift points "correct". Also, you can make them slightly higher to account for the 37's. Overall, the Raptor has aggressive gearing and 37's work very well on the street.

Only downside is you'll see a 1-2mpg loss on the street.

I'd never go back to 35's.

And this truck is your DD as well?

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You really won't notice a massive difference running the 37 Projects other than the noise and flat spots on the street during cold mornings. The KRT's are super loud and humm down the road vs the standard project. Another thing to keep in mind with the original Project is the grip in the dirt kinda sucks. They were purposely designed not to have crazy amounts of grip so the race trucks wouldn't keep blowing up rear-ends. Thats the downside. The upside is you can run over bombs with them and probably not blow them up and the lack of traction will make for fun sideways drifting.

One last thing to keep in mind, the actual race projects are not DOT approved. This means if you get in an accident you can possibly be in deep shit with them on your truck.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You really won't notice a massive difference running the 37 Projects other than the noise and flat spots on the street during cold mornings. The KRT's are super loud and humm down the road vs the standard project. Another thing to keep in mind with the original Project is the grip in the dirt kinda sucks. They were purposely designed not to have crazy amounts of grip so the race trucks wouldn't keep blowing up rear-ends. Thats the downside. The upside is you can run over bombs with them and probably not blow them up and the lack of traction will make for fun sideways drifting.

One last thing to keep in mind, the actual race projects are not DOT approved. This means if you get in an accident you can possibly be in deep shit with them on your truck.

Thanks for that info. I am looking at the original projects that are DOT approved. I thought that since the projects resemble a street tire tread that they would actually perform well on the street (compared to the soft Baja k/o).

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And this truck is your DD as well?

Not my DD, but I do have roughly 11,000 on her in only 8 months. about 2,000 of those are in the dirt. I run the falken wildpeak's, not as sexy as the Baja's but they are a great street tire, they perform very well in the dirt,and I have yet to get a flat. Oh, and they wear really good as well.

OP
OP
BRAPPPP

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not my DD, but I do have roughly 11,000 on her in only 8 months. about 2,000 of those are in the dirt. I run the falken wildpeak's, not as sexy as the Baja's but they are a great street tire and they've performed very well in the dirt. And they wear really good as well.

How has your acceleration decreased with the switch?

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How has your acceleration decreased with the switch?

It has to effect it but it's not noticeable. I put in a 5star 91 tow tune at the same time and it actually feels faster. You already have a tune so it you'll probably notice a little change.

Last edited:

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had 37s for about 10K miles. i LOVED them at first, but then they started rubbing all over the place. i tried boatecs and failed. i got REALLY disappointed and went back to stock fenders and back down to 35s. i hated that decision but its more practical for me. my truck ran well with 37s. you could feel them in the petal a little, but like mentioned above these trucks are geared well. The only thing i didnt like on the 37s (i think my super skinny fuel trophys made this) is that with that much sidewall sometimes it felt really spongy. you could feel the truck sway alot more on the highway especially in wind. but a few miles and it became normal. I would have loved to keep the 37s, but the boatecs were pure trash, and i actually wanted to run my truck. i didnt have any problems this weekend at TRR. i didnt miss my 37s at all.