35's to 37's back to 35's - My tale of change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
past ya bed time?! Lol,
Reason I ask the weight bc I'm trying to determine if the 37's on my scab will be equal to stock screw or less.

37's are pretty heavy in general but the toyo's are super heavy, nittos heavy too. Only light 37's might be wrangler Kevlars, Duratracs and cooper STT's. There's a few others but those three come to mind.

37's on 17" wheels might have too much slop for me. Chased down a chevy tonight. Straight away was easy, through a curve then I saw his cheap lift kit and XD wheels get all loose as shit. Hit a bump in that curve and that old chevy looked like a NEW tractor. The Raptor ate that shit up, full control, tight and safe. On the on ramp he tried to run away.

The on ramp has two lanes doing a 270 degree turn plus elevation changes. Probably 200 ft at a steep grade. I took the inside lane and pulled HARD to the top of the bridge. The old chevy was bouncing and shaken like 6.2's girlfriend working to the strip-club. The guy was slow and sloppy.

Just curious if I can drive my truck like a NASCAR on fat 37's.? Will the weight slow me down?? Will the added height make me sloppy and loose? Will the bumps cause more compression and dampening due to added rotation weight.

I don't think you guys really know the effect of fat tires on heavy wheels. Not just speed but also more stress on steering and suspension parts. Control arms too. I'll research this topic. If 37's don't slow me down I may consider them. Duratracs must be the lightest 37's...if they make 37's

I has something for you: :gr_grin:
DSC00471.jpg

something for ME too :naughty:
Randi%204.jpg

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
37's just might not be in your street performance then......33's might get ya faster ;) . Throw the rap where it belongs and wahlaaa, eating them up there all day! With the 37's, I will add the HOWE steering system with reservoir. RPG runs 37's on stock steering rack no problem from what I hear

Last edited:

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
big ole trucks with lift's and 37's looking to play on I-10
all the Big Dogs are out, Line um up and knock um down
Raptor on 35's killing the competition.

Now, a set of LIGHT wheels with 33's would be awesome
Plus, 35" Cooper STT's for the MUD

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haha ragin, big ol' trucks with 37's?!?! Try 40" tires+ but never on the highways around here. Ragin, is this your first fast truck or something?? 6.2's are quick but not anything like NASCAR regardless the tire size. Lol

R@pt0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, bring your fast truck and we'll race for pinks. I'll bring my slow car. The Raptor is awesome, but not fast.

69SCJ

Reaction score
You guys with 37's notice any loss in power or excessive shifting???

To the OP, thanks for the all the pics and background on the changes.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The low power band from 1800k to 2500k rpm takes more pedal but other than that. I noticed My buddy's truck running 37/12.5/20r tires with cai/exhaust/tune helped a lot with low end grunt. My truck is stock in the engine bay. You don't feel them as much as i was expecting though besides ride (much better). The power at the top fades quicker more comparable to a 5-10 hp loss. This is with regular gas. I plan on attempting things using premium just for the hell of it to see if the lower power band changes. For the most part, mileage is the most that sacrifices. -1.2 to be exact. I'm running toyo 37/13.5/17r tires. Don't regret going 37's 1 bit either. :)

Method NV/37's
Boatec front and Rear fenders
Rigid dually's in fogs
Heads retrofitted by me!
FOR NOW!
usageda3.jpgysazahu6.jpg
se8y8aba.jpg

Last edited:

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
I'll put $100 against any truck at No Problem drag way

Been killing everything on the road, even diesels
ya'll some clowns with ya'll slow trucks
come get some, I'm dishing it out ALL DAY LONG....Boy

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Swamp Boy, you broke anything yet?
and you other guys...I'm curious why you buy $50,000 trucks that get passed by V6 trucks. Just wondering?