35 VS 37 Resale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2020 Raptor that I truly love except for the interior. I decided to order a 22 to hold me off till I can get the R.
I can order a 37 package at MSRP but don’t really want 37’s all that much. As far as resale goes do you guys think resale is worth it to go with the 37 package or will a nice 801 a on 35’s do comparably good?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it depends on whether 37s are limited for 22 or not. If they are limited, then you just might get your money back.

However, it seems a little silly to be concerned about resale value when you are opting to sell your 20 to get a 22 that you intend to quickly turn around for an R. Your wasting a lot of money with the additional transaction in the middle like that with taxes (a little) and depreciation.

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s why he’s exactly the kind of guy that should concern himself with highest retained value. No 10-year ownership to spread the cost out. When it comes to switching cars often, the guys that do it aren’t going to just ‘stop’ because it doesn’t make sense. For that matter, why is anybody on this forum at all discussing $80K pickup trucks (that are not used to make a living, mind you)?

I’ve seen spreads of 10s of thousands in used car value from just a couple of grand in well-chosen options on Porsches. There is an art form in speccing with an eye toward getting rid of it in just a year or two.

If you are looking at doing an 18-24 month changeout in a Raptor, I think the best value is going to be a basic 800A with 35s. Once you get into the loaded up trucks, I think a 37 will retain a greater percentage of value than an 801A 35 truck. Just my opinion..

OP
OP
M

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I do appreciate the replies I’m not looking for financial advice. I own a construction company that does well and utilize the tax write off from vehicles.
Also I always do an “In And Out” where I have a buyer lined up for for my truck then the dealer gives me that price on trade in and the new buyer just buys it right from the dealer. So taxes will be very minimal on the new one. Also my loaded 2020 leadfoot that I got new for $5,000 under sticker only has 8K miles and is worth more than I paid.
I’m just looking for feedback on the 801 A vs 37 package resale is all.
Thanks

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s why he’s exactly the kind of guy that should concern himself with highest retained value. No 10-year ownership to spread the cost out. When it comes to switching cars often, the guys that do it aren’t going to just ‘stop’ because it doesn’t make sense. For that matter, why is anybody on this forum at all discussing $80K pickup trucks (that are not used to make a living, mind you)?

I’ve seen spreads of 10s of thousands in used car value from just a couple of grand in well-chosen options on Porsches. There is an art form in speccing with an eye toward getting rid of it in just a year or two.

If you are looking at doing an 18-24 month changeout in a Raptor, I think the best value is going to be a basic 800A with 35s. Once you get into the loaded up trucks, I think a 37 will retain a greater percentage of value than an 801A 35 truck. Just my opinion..
I have a running theory that the base 800a’s have the best resale as a % of MSRP (not even factoring ADM that’s likely on loaded 801as or 37). This is based on my last 2020 800a that I sold for $7,500 more than I paid new or 14% appreciation.

Badboy4fun_wa

Reaction score
Best advice is ask the dealer what the residual is on both vehicles. That will give you what Ford says the depreciation is on both over 24-36 month period. I trust their Residuals for resale more than any other speculation.

Good luck with your future and current Raptors ;-)

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Ford is leasing 2021 Raptors, so there will be no residual set. Besides, residuals for many brands are fake as hell.

Anthony4135

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Raptor that I truly love except for the interior. I decided to order a 22 to hold me off till I can get the R.
I can order a 37 package at MSRP but don’t really want 37’s all that much. As far as resale goes do you guys think resale is worth it to go with the 37 package or will a nice 801 a on 35’s do comparably good?
There are fewer 37s out there. It’s the newest option. I think the 37 will hold better than a general 35. Just my opinion.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a running theory that the base 800a’s have the best resale as a % of MSRP (not even factoring ADM that’s likely on loaded 801as or 37). This is based on my last 2020 800a that I sold for $7,500 more than I paid new or 14% appreciation.
I agree with this, a good way to check is to price out difference between lightly used 2019's....the base does seem to hold value better that way....my last 800a which was way more stripped then the new truck was very easy to sell for close to what I paid but dealer did mention no leather as a limiting factor.

on the 2022 the 800a is already pretty loaded so probably the best option for resale percentage....then again I ordered an 801a for some of the specific items included (I usually order for resale but this time I didn't)