30 Minute Audio Timeout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I searched and couldn't find anything regarding the audio system shutdown after 30 minutes unless you start the truck. Has anyone found a way to change that? I understand the reason for it, but wonder why my 2012 Shelby with SYNC/nav will let me keep the system playing until the battery dies, but my 2012 Raptor with the same system feels the need to shut everything down after 30 minutes.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
my 10 will run til the battery dies. that would be quite annoying if you're cleaning the truck or something.

OP
OP
FarFromStock

FarFromStock

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 10 will run til the battery dies. that would be quite annoying if you're cleaning the truck or something.

Yep, it's very annoying! This past Monday was BedRug and BAKFlip installation time. Every 30 minutes, I had to go into the cab, turn the key off, take it out of the ignition, put key back in ignition, turn key to accessory, wait for navigation/SYNC system to boot up and recognize/connect to my phone, select media and bluetooth, press play on Pandora application. :Grenade:

I did this 4 times (2 hours) before I finally said :flipthebird: and left it off for the rest of the day. I resorted to the radio in my shop to give me some background noise.

I was just hoping that there was an option somewhere within the setup screens that would allow me to change the time limit. Even after the 4, 30-minute cycles that I ran it without starting, the truck started just fine.

executor485

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had this happen to me and the wife at a drive-in movie a while back. It REALLY pissed me off. Would love to know if there was a fix for it.