3 jbl 12" subs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dkyle1220

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 8's I have don't pick up the lowest of the lows but the sound quality is unmatched I know it's hard to believe two 8s could put out much sound, but I promise they will pound just as hard as any 10's or 12's in your raptor. I play a wide range of music in my truck with tons of different bass frequencies and I can honestly say the difference in range is negligible. Just my opinions if you rather have wider range then tens or 12s are the way to go. Still recommending DD audio you've gotta here em to believe me.

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 8's I have don't pick up the lowest of the lows but the sound quality is unmatched I know it's hard to believe two 8s could put out much sound, but I promise they will pound just as hard as any 10's or 12's in your raptor. I play a wide range of music in my truck with tons of different bass frequencies and I can honestly say the difference in range is negligible. Just my opinions if you rather have wider range then tens or 12s are the way to go. Still recommending DD audio you've gotta here em to believe me.

Ok young grasshopper take it from someone who was running cutting edge performance audio from 1979 to today. The 8's may put out more decibels than a single 12 and using the same amount of power that is debatable because there are 12's that will take a lot more power than the 8's as a general rule given the properly designed enclosure. Consequently the "volume of sound" will be much better and balanced. If you want SQL the only way to go is with the 12's or better yet I use a 13.5 running a 1200 w's and an 8 running 300 w's if memory serves.

It is a simple comparison of the specific speaker, enclosure, crossover settings and power source. Mine will actually make your ****** tingle and render the rear view mirrors in the cab and doors useless lol!

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
31551064.jpg

Seriously though, got a 13.5 JL shallow mount on a 600 watt JL amp in a custom box from Noah... So much win!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just one thing to remember, everyones ear is different. so what sounds good to some, might not sound good to others. thats is why we use our rta. we can adjust the system as needed and then we can fine tune for the customer who has specific tastes.