3/14 Build week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bzogster

Reaction score
Don’t count on emails or tracker as being true indications of where you’re at. They are not always accurate and often completely wrong. The order track app is definitely the best tracker out there but still subject to accurate info being reported. Once you have a status of “paired” and your destination location is assigned in the app, you will be very close.

The order is supposed to be ASN>picked>paired>dispatched >delivered, but you may skip steps along the way if the info isn’t updated.

I went from shipping status on hold to picked. Skipped ASN. I assume picked is a good sign.

jazroc56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my vin number but not my order number? What kinda number does it look like?
It should be in the box on your window sticker called “item #”. It should be the second four digit number in that box. If you don’t have a window sticker yet ask your dealer for the order number.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about tired of these foos in other threads having trucks that show "built" already... Some guys in the 4/4 thread already show built.... That is immeasurably infuriating.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im about tired of these foos in other threads having trucks that show "built" already... Some guys in the 4/4 thread already show built.... That is immeasurably infuriating.
What kills me is there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason with how trucks are being build.

I understand certain options maybe more likely to go on hold than others, but there are such a wide variety of trucks being finished.

Folks with 35s, 37s, moonroofs, graphics, bed liners, bed covers, pro power etc. are all getting completed while many of us are just sitting here with zero information.

It's frustrating for sure.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kills me is there doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason with how trucks are being build.
100% agree. Its beyond irritating. My guess is that they build until they run out of chips, then put the ones without chips in a parking lot. At that point its easier to just built the new trucks on the line than it is to pull from the parking lot and put them back through the line.

This is assuming that the chip has to be in the factory to be installed.

Either way, it is effing stupid... They're prioritizing production/numbers over customer service. So lame.

slv_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agree. Its beyond irritating. My guess is that they build until they run out of chips, then put the ones without chips in a parking lot. At that point its easier to just built the new trucks on the line than it is to pull from the parking lot and put them back through the line.

This is assuming that the chip has to be in the factory to be installed.

Either way, it is effing stupid... They're prioritizing production/numbers over customer service. So lame.

That's what I would assume too. If you're lucky enough to be produced on a day where they don't run out of parts everything is relatively smooth sailing, if not, well good luck.

A guy who works on the line stated last week that Ford has been running out of everything multiple times a shift. Wiper motors, Raptor specific headlights, tires, etc. He said they cut one production shift last week and this week. Wiper motors are a big hangup right now and since it's spring and rainy in Dearborn, they won't let them pull trucks out into the storage lots if they don't have wipers. So they just stop the entire line as a result. They're producing half of their normal 1400 trucks a day.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I would assume too. If you're lucky enough to be produced on a day where they don't run out of parts everything is relatively smooth sailing, if not, well good luck.

A guy who works on the line stated last week that Ford has been running out of everything multiple times a shift. Wiper motors, Raptor specific headlights, tires, etc. He said they cut one production shift last week and this week. Wiper motors are a big hangup right now and since it's spring and rainy in Dearborn, they won't let them pull trucks out into the storage lots if they don't have wipers. So they just stop the entire line as a result. They're producing half of their normal 1400 trucks a day.
Man, that sucks. I'm just about done waiting... I see guys talking about getting TRX in a month below MSRP.... That is starting to look better and better.