2nd Raptor order.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I thinking of putting in a second Raptor order at another dealership. See which one gets pulled first. First order is about 8 behind and 2nd order would be 3 behind also at invoicing. What you guys think?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I thinking of putting in a second Raptor order at another dealership. See which one gets pulled first. First order is about 8 behind and 2nd order would be 3 behind also at invoicing. What you guys think?

Well if the second is a better deal I would suggest you give your original dealer a chance to match the price...I would not penalize the original dealer for something not in their control...

That being said I understand your position...

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I say go ahead, but I would let the first dealer know to cancel the other order. I ordered last year and had to cancel. There is no way I would have let that truck get built and tell the dealer after the fact. But that's just me...

OP
OP
Swagger4

Swagger4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I would have to leave the other dealer a deposit. Then price is the same. I would leave both orders active and once I got vin from either dealer I would cancel the other.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I say go ahead, but I would let the first dealer know to cancel the other order. I ordered last year and had to cancel. There is no way I would have let that truck get built and tell the dealer after the fact. But that's just me...

I have to agree with Raptorsv.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read the sticky thread on how priority, allocation and factory orders work, and assuming I understand it all - then placing the 2nd order may not help speed things up. You may be on a shorter list at the new dealer, but if they have already used up their allocation then it will end up being a longer list for you. I guess you can ask both dealers to see where they stand in terms of allocation priority.

On one hand I don't think the dealers will have any problem moving a raptor if you back out of one, but on the other hand there is Karma.
I was on the other end of a deal where I had a dealer agree to sell me one, but then on the day I was going to pick it up they decided to sell it to someone else who was willing to pay more. So if you are ok with backing out on a deal, then I hope you are ok when it happens in reverse.