2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VJDWashington

Reaction score
I also mentioned this in one of my post last week. All my previous vehicles have come rail. This is the first one coming convoy. Ford has definitely changed their rail/convoy shipping distances. I do not think it’s to expedite things though. You can dump a lot more cars via rail than truck. I realize they still need to be trucked from the yards to the dealers. My truck has been “built”, released and waiting to ship for just over a week now. We also haven’t seen a whole lot since early/mid last week as far as deliveries?? My dealer told me early last week Ford has a hold on all 2024’s. I assumed his information was old news when he said it because we just started seeing some trucks ship/deliver. Nothing since the few early/mid last week. Makes me wonder if he knows something and what Ford is up to? Get a few trucks out, settle people down..?? Who the hell knows. Either way Ford is a complete shit show. So ridicules from a multi billion dollar car manufacturer. Seriously here we are quarter 2!!! Un flipping real. No one can argue how stupid this is.
I think your final thought might be correct. I posted on Friday after visiting with a large dealer in Seattle. I said I saw the new 2023 inventory they had/were buying up from around lower 48 to have inventory to sell.
Ford blew it in for Q-1 sales in F150s. To appease the ‘villagers’, they pump out a few ‘random’ Raptors to various regions, states, dealer inventories and ours, ‘customer ordered’ orders-per Ford’s system. Seems interesting too that there are a surprising number of 37pp’s shipped out too…
I’m on the fence about just buying one of the new 23s and figure that I’ll get in line again for 2025 production-after the ‘villagers’ have had their way with Ford. (Recall Louis the 16th and a little revolution in France).
The lack of transparency from Ford is concerning. They have to know that this group of buyers that stand in line to place an order, then buy a $90-150,000 truck are educated buyers. To miss every production target in Q1 is huge. To start Q2 with your customer base looking for ‘pitch forks & pikes’ is automotive insanity. At some point, buyers will lose faith in the product, its quality, value at time of purchase and in the resale market.
As one guy said a few days ago, “The Covid years are gone”. So is the ppp money that bolstered sales in Raptors & Rolex’s.

Mxfasa

Reaction score
Ok guys FINALLY I have an update as of late last night it looks, my 37PP changed to built, which after talking to ford chat they said it only switches to built when it is released and awaiting shipping. He also gave me an ETA of 23rd-27th so it seems like these dates will hold. When ford chat opens I will ask to confirm this, Should not be more than a week or two left for me!

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone having trouble getting a railcar, I got a plausible response from Ford Customer Service today. It's being sent convoy/truck. This is the 4th Ford I've ordered while living in Atlanta the whole time. One Mustang and 3 F-150s. They've all come rail so I naturally called asking for the railcar as I've done the last 3 times. The woman pulled my (new) order which showed 3/23-4/5 on the tracker and said it's been shipped via convoy with an ETA of 3/26-4/2. I questioned that it wasn't rail and she assured my it wasn't shipped via rail. It's either on a traditional car loader or on a 5th wheel.

Given the others posting their trucks did not go rail, I wonder if Ford is having issues with rail or just trying to expedite orders to clear trucks out.
I’ve been driving a lot over the last couple weeks… i am amazed at the number of trucks coming via 5th wheel carriers. I went down and back thru ATL over the weekend BTW… many headed south.

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys FINALLY I have an update as of late last night it looks, my 37PP changed to built, which after talking to ford chat they said it only switches to built when it is released and awaiting shipping. He also gave me an ETA of 23rd-27th so it seems like these dates will hold. When ford chat opens I will ask to confirm this, Should not be more than a week or two left for me!
You are putting way to much faith into what Ford chat is telling you. You’re setting yourself up to be let down

Mxfasa

Reaction score
You are putting way to much faith into what Ford chat is telling you. You’re setting yourself up to be let down
I dont think so tbh, first ETA was wrong and they told me it was probably not going to hold, But from what I have seen is that anyone whose truck has shipped to built has shipped within 2 weeks. BTW Eric is the best guy on ford chat you can get, eh always puts in the most effort. Mine is out of the "in production" shit which is a good sign things are moving as my truck has been built since march 3rd, I bet ford chat tells me its been released and is awaiting shipping today

RaptorJoe331

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think so tbh, first ETA was wrong and they told me it was probably not going to hold, But from what I have seen is that anyone whose truck has shipped to built has shipped within 2 weeks. BTW Eric is the best guy on ford chat you can get, eh always puts in the most effort. Mine is out of the "in production" shit which is a good sign things are moving as my truck has been built since march 3rd, I bet ford chat tells me its been released and is awaiting shipping today
Does your tracker show it’s built? I’m not trying to be negative, I hope your truck does ship soon for you, I just know I have had 4 ETAs now and I don’t think they will hit the lastest one either which is 3/22.

Ford chat has been telling me my truck is built and awaiting/released for shipping since January now, but my tracker only shows in production

Mxfasa

Reaction score
Does your tracker show it’s built? I’m not trying to be negative, I hope your truck does ship soon for you, I just know I have had 4 ETAs now and I don’t think they will hit the lastest one either which is 3/22.

Ford chat has been telling me my truck is built and awaiting/released for shipping since January now, but my tracker only shows in production
yes tracker does show built now, it changed from In production to Built late last night. Has been in production since feb 26th and blend date of march 3rd. My truck has been built for weeks but stuck in production on tracker too until last night

KylerM

Reaction score
What was your build date?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter