2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyDNP

Reaction score
Well, it isn’t for a lot of people and that’s fine. For me, I sold my primary truck six weeks ago based on a ETA that was false. We are going into the second qtr of 2024 and the F150‘s are just starting to be delivered to dealers and waiting buyers. I need my truck not for looks, but to do stuff. To me, that’s why it’s a big deal. if you have five vehicles to choose from while you are waiting then good for you, but I need mine. I have always bought from the lot and haven’t went through this order process and I never thought it would take so long and not provide the dealer and buyers some valid ETA. I have two hunting/fishing trips coming up in April that I may have to cancel if I don’t have the truck. It’s a big deal for me.
Take this as a learning experience since you’ve never built a vehicle before. This is my 3rd build and each time the ETA was off. The first two were Wrangler/Gladiator, and now my ‘24 Raptor. Hope you get yours sooner then later, but stressing about it and constantly in contact with Ford isn’t going to help you.

I’d recommend looking at another dealership who has one similar to yours built and soon to arrive and try to make a deal with them. Mine isn’t scheduled to be built until week of 4/15, but there’s a dealer locally that has almost exact one (excluding bedliner) that was just built. I talked to the owner and he’s giving me first dibs on that at MSRP. My 1k is refundable from the dealership I initially ordered from.

ruppert01

Reaction score
Understandable. Any reason you didn’t wait to trade your truck in on Raptor?
I seen a lot of people in the same situation over Covid.
I definitely don’t have 5 vehicles. Been driving my work car and a new Duramax at work when I need a truck. Well, I still use that when I need a real truck anyway.
Sorry, I didn’t mean to sound miserable but I am a little. I needed to try and get max value for my truck so I had the most cash to put down. So I sold my Silverado TrailBoss right before a snow storm in January with a ETA for the new truck in Feb. I didn’t do the research, nor did the dealer tell me, that Ford was going to be in a build and store mode (I ordered in November so they didn’t know either I guess). So in my mind the plan was on track. The main reason I’m pissed is “we“ ordered early and “our“ trucks are built and parked, but someone who ordered in say Jan or even Feb. is getting their truck before we do, and good for them, they are lucky for sure and I hope they enjoy. I, or we, can only wait. I’m sure I’ll “get over it” when I finally take delivery. I’m crabby that’s all.

Finlay150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone having trouble getting a railcar, I got a plausible response from Ford Customer Service today. It's being sent convoy/truck. This is the 4th Ford I've ordered while living in Atlanta the whole time. One Mustang and 3 F-150s. They've all come rail so I naturally called asking for the railcar as I've done the last 3 times. The woman pulled my (new) order which showed 3/23-4/5 on the tracker and said it's been shipped via convoy with an ETA of 3/26-4/2. I questioned that it wasn't rail and she assured my it wasn't shipped via rail. It's either on a traditional car loader or on a 5th wheel.

Given the others posting their trucks did not go rail, I wonder if Ford is having issues with rail or just trying to expedite orders to clear trucks out.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a strange way to do business, that’s for sure … guys order on day 1 and the truck is stuck somewhere in the process …. I order 1/9… I’m picked up, built and shipped already …. Expecting delivery in the next couple days…. Its not a fair process…
Same here

Arctic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone having trouble getting a railcar, I got a plausible response from Ford Customer Service today. It's being sent convoy/truck. This is the 4th Ford I've ordered while living in Atlanta the whole time. One Mustang and 3 F-150s. They've all come rail so I naturally called asking for the railcar as I've done the last 3 times. The woman pulled my (new) order which showed 3/23-4/5 on the tracker and said it's been shipped via convoy with an ETA of 3/26-4/2. I questioned that it wasn't rail and she assured my it wasn't shipped via rail. It's either on a traditional car loader or on a 5th wheel.

Given the others posting their trucks did not go rail, I wonder if Ford is having issues with rail or just trying to expedite orders to clear trucks out.
Could be convoy to a different rail yard? But who knows at this point, does your window sticker say rail or convoy?

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never expect anything to arrive on time any longer.

Many moons ago....in the time before, one could order a vehicle and it would be at the dealer in 12 weeks or under. I miss the old days. My truck is showing "built" so it should arrive in the next 8 weeks or so.

Jdselig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of today mine still awaiting shipping … kinda sucks since mine has been built since 3/13 … dealer has about 5 total ford dealers and they have one coming in to the other dealer this week and it was built 3/17 and shipped 3/17… sucks but least it’s not stuck in production right?

Anyone know if priority codes affect shipping too? Only reason I could see the 3/17 shipped before mine

I also mentioned this in one of my post last week. All my previous vehicles have come rail. This is the first one coming convoy. Ford has definitely changed their rail/convoy shipping distances. I do not think it’s to expedite things though. You can dump a lot more cars via rail than truck. I realize they still need to be trucked from the yards to the dealers. My truck has been “built”, released and waiting to ship for just over a week now. We also haven’t seen a whole lot since early/mid last week as far as deliveries?? My dealer told me early last week Ford has a hold on all 2024’s. I assumed his information was old news when he said it because we just started seeing some trucks ship/deliver. Nothing since the few early/mid last week. Makes me wonder if he knows something and what Ford is up to? Get a few trucks out, settle people down..?? Who the hell knows. Either way Ford is a complete shit show. So ridicules from a multi billion dollar car manufacturer. Seriously here we are quarter 2!!! Un flipping real. No one can argue how stupid this is.

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it isn’t for a lot of people and that’s fine. For me, I sold my primary truck six weeks ago based on a ETA that was false. We are going into the second qtr of 2024 and the F150‘s are just starting to be delivered to dealers and waiting buyers. I need my truck not for looks, but to do stuff. To me, that’s why it’s a big deal. if you have five vehicles to choose from while you are waiting then good for you, but I need mine. I have always bought from the lot and haven’t went through this order process and I never thought it would take so long and not provide the dealer and buyers some valid ETA. I have two hunting/fishing trips coming up in April that I may have to cancel if I don’t have the truck. It’s a big deal for me.
Rent a truck on turo while u wait

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota owns the dumbest vehicle ordering right now. If you want to pick up a higher trimmed Tundra or Tacoma, you essentially put your name down and Toyota decides what you get to pick from. If the truck you want isnt in the lottery? Tough shit, take what the dealer gets allocated.

MidnightSpecial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a car in cash that has bottomed in depreciation if you truly need a vehicle. I am in a similar scenario to you. I sold my Bronco Raptor to the dealer before the market dropped out. I picked up a 2019 Golf R in the meantime knowing the ordering time could be 3-10 months. At worst I'll lose a couple thousand dollars but nowhere near as much as I would have lost holding onto the Braptor.

Or just buy a beater and light it on fire when the truck arrives