2024 build date???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VJDWashington

Reaction score
I think this is a weird time in general, I look at it like this. Ford vehicle tracker is a gift and a curse all at the same time, 10 years ago we wouldn't have had this option to look at the status of our truck, we just had to wait until we got a phone call from our dealership when it showed up on the lot. Ford being silent about this is a bad look and it all leaves us with a bad taste in our mouth of how they've handled the "issue" which is still question. Looking at all this is I think Ford has overproduced a truck and they don't know what they are going to do, the economy is slowing down and people cant afford a base 55k truck right now plus insurance. I always follow the money and that's usually where the truth is, Ford is trying to keep the 23 prices elevated as long as possible knowing the 24's are going to just pile up at the dealerships and sit. They created an artificial shortage and I think they will pay for it, Covid times are over and the manufactures aren't in the drivers seat anymore.
Amen! I was just at a very large Ford dealer in Seattle this afternoon. Had a long conversation with sales manager and new vehicle manager in charge of all acquisitions. He reported that they have bought ‘many’ 2023s 801a, 802a & 803a from various dealerships in Midwest and East that are on trucks now ‘to have inventory to sell’. So they are not expecting 24s soon in volume and remember this WA & West coast market and pricing is always $5-10k over msrp on 801 or 802s and $30-50k over on Rs. They said Ford really has messed up the ‘follow Tesla’ customer order system and created mass frustration with all customers & dealerships.
I’m glad that some are delivering to various states but believe it’s Ford trying to save face and wet the thirst of anxious/frustrated/angry buyers…that want to give them $90-150k for a Raptor.
We will all continue to wait and see…as 2024 ticks by.

ss55539

Reaction score
One of the factory workers confirmed part shortages and a quality issue that would have resulted in a recall. He didn’t elaborate what it was but mentioned they are having to fix thousands of f150s
Sure wish someone would tell us what exactly it was/is.

BahaBlastediam

Reaction score
12/13 order. 2/14 blend. Just got this
Thank you for your patience, Brad. I show your order status on your F-150 is Awaiting Shipment. This means the vehicle has been built, and we are arranging shipment to the selling dealer. I recommend bookmarking this website https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking & but if you want specific details you can definitely reach out to us. I'm delighted to see that you're excited to ride in your new Ford. We would recommend staying in contact with the Sales Manager at your Ford dealership for updates on the vehicle as they will be in the best position to assist you. The secondary status is Released this means the vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier and is awaiting shipment. The current

ETA is April 4th - April 10th.

Eric - 4:10 PM

Thank you so much
I have the same message. Awaiting delivery… build 3/11

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    432.8 KB · Views: 41

Arctic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen! I was just at a very large Ford dealer in Seattle this afternoon. Had a long conversation with sales manager and new vehicle manager in charge of all acquisitions. He reported that they have bought ‘many’ 2023s 801a, 802a & 803a from various dealerships in Midwest and East that are on trucks now ‘to have inventory to sell’. So they are not expecting 24s soon in volume and remember this WA & West coast market and pricing is always $5-10k over msrp on 801 or 802s and $30-50k over on Rs. They said Ford really has messed up the ‘follow Tesla’ customer order system and created mass frustration with all customers & dealerships.
I’m glad that some are delivering to various states but believe it’s Ford trying to save face and wet the thirst of anxious/frustrated/angry buyers…that want to give them $90-150k for a Raptor.
We will all continue to wait and see…as 2024 ticks by.
The fact is there are people still willing to pay ADM just so they don’t have to travel or they can get it now instead of 2 weeks from now.

Ford will never get to Tesla model because they can’t communicate. I’ve bought two Teslas, Y Performance and S Plaid and both of them have been the best experience in purchasing a vehicle so far.

Took them 7-8 days for rail from CA to MO for pick up, no mark ups, no dealers trying to bait and switch, no surprise warranty and wheel packages added to the sale. I don’t have to worry about Tesla changing up the price and adding ADM when I show up for pickup. I don’t have to reach out to Dealer or constantly log into Ford Chat to see the status that’s never correct.

Edit: Also with Tesla, you order first you get your car first. No one that orders 3 months after you should be getting their order before you get a chance to get yours. None of this allocation or priority code game.

ChevyLee

Reaction score
I’m here to see pictures of new trucks lol. I hope that the OP has notifications turned off for this thread.

VJDWashington

Reaction score
The fact is there are people still willing to pay ADM just so they don’t have to travel or they can get it now instead of 2 weeks from now.

Ford will never get to Tesla model because they can’t communicate. I’ve bought two Teslas, Y Performance and S Plaid and both of them have been the best experience in purchasing a vehicle so far.

Took them 7-8 days for rail from CA to MO for pick up, no mark ups, no dealers trying to bait and switch, no surprise warranty and wheel packages added to the sale. I don’t have to worry about Tesla changing up the price and adding ADM when I show up for pickup. I don’t have to reach out to Dealer or constantly log into Ford Chat to see the status that’s never correct.

Edit: Also with Tesla, you order first you get your car first. No one that orders 3 months after you should be getting their order before you get a chance to get yours. None of this allocation or priority code game.
(US Market) 498,000 Teslas sold in 2023 vs Ford at 2,000,000. Aprx 20 year old company vs 100+. I’d say the ‘youth’ got it right this time.
I’ve always been a Ford guy. Like my father before me. Times like this, I question my loyalty…

CDub

Reaction score
my 37PP in Shelter Green with moonroof and bedliner with a 2/19 build date is showing "BUILT - 3/14"
Congrats man I’m happy for you ! I hope I see some movement this upcoming week, the longer this goes the more my eyes start to wonder to different brands.

jak405817

Reaction score
I have been looking at all the posts from the beginning, so I decided to join.
I ordered mine on 11/19/2023, then Scheduled 01/08/2024, In Production 01/10/2024 and nothing since.
I called Ford chat today, they said it has a ship ETA the week of 03/18/2024.
I talked to the dealer, they said the same thing, But the dealer talked to the ford rep, and that date may not hold.
The dealer asked the rep what was wrong with the trucks, he said he did not know.
This must be more than just a software update, otherwise the earlier ones should have been fixed by now.
I agree with the post just before yours, Ford was trying to manipulate the market and get rid of 2023s and decent prices in there February truck month push. Now they are trying to get all those 2024s out to market, but from a process engineering standpoint it is incredibly difficult to organize and move that much inventory that is pre-built in lots versus the process to move inventory as it comes off the production line with established shipping processes. So essentially product immediately built off the line gets efficiently shipped, and product built two months ago is in a logjam trying to get it along with everything else in the lot shipped with no established efficient process. Good news is they will figure it out quickly and I think in another week or two much more will get resolved and shipped.