2023: To Recaro or Not?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Future Gen3 Raptor owner here, in that "exciting" phase where I'm playing on the configurator all day.

I'm a big interior guy. I am coming from several European luxury cars, most recently a MB S-class. I want to get the nicest interior I can.

I'm fine with the blue/black combo. That doesn't bother me - in fact I prefer it to straight black.

But are the materials actually nicer? Does it just look better or is there any "upscale feel" to it? Most of the posts on the subject are from people who don't have the blue interior package, so I'd love to hear from some people that do.

Thanks!

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the rhapsody blue Recaro interior in my 22 and also now in my 23. It looks better in person than in pictures. Feels very nice and I never shift around to get comfortable on trips. If I wouldn't have been able to get it in a 23 I would have kept the 22 with it. I also had the fabric protection done on it , zero clean up issues. Dealer tried telling me that it was not as comfortable as the regular leather, too sporty. Hard on a 50 year old man. He was severely mistaken. None better than the Recaro, also heats up instantly and cools fast. I love it.

rlj676

Reaction score
Love mine, gives an upscale look and feel for sure. Didn’t even care about it but truck I found had it, as soon as I opened the door I was thrilled with it. One of my favorite parts of this truck.

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to have to say this but you really should lower your expectations coming from Benz. The interior quality is really cheap plastic in these trucks and won’t be anything like Benz material. I had a GLC63 before this and the cracks and noise the Raptor makes just driving down the road makes me cringe sometimes. Most noticeable is the door handle section now, it sounds like the cheap plastic they used in early 2000s vehicles.

fun truck to drive but only as long as you can lower expectations and not compare certain things like interior quality or body panel fitment or paint hardness or rusting underbody or… ya, just lower your expectations lol

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Sorry to have to say this but you really should lower your expectations coming from Benz. The interior quality is really cheap plastic in these trucks and won’t be anything like Benz material. I had a GLC63 before this and the cracks and noise the Raptor makes just driving down the road makes me cringe sometimes. Most noticeable is the door handle section now, it sounds like the cheap plastic they used in early 2000s vehicles.

fun truck to drive but only as long as you can lower expectations and not compare certain things like interior quality or body panel fitment or paint hardness or rusting underbody or… ya, just lower your expectations lol
Agree with this. Leave upscale out of your equation. You will also be disappointed if you are comparing it to European luxury brands. Don't get me wrong, it is nice...just not that nice.

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the rhapsody blue Recaro interior in my 22 and also now in my 23. It looks better in person than in pictures. Feels very nice and I never shift around to get comfortable on trips. If I wouldn't have been able to get it in a 23 I would have kept the 22 with it. I also had the fabric protection done on it , zero clean up issues. Dealer tried telling me that it was not as comfortable as the regular leather, too sporty. Hard on a 50 year old man. He was severely mistaken. None better than the Recaro, also heats up instantly and cools fast. I love it.
Agreed. Much nicer in person and very comfortable.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had a truck with and without the Recaro's, I'm 6'1 205lbs with a wide back. I find the Recaro's to be too narrow for my frame, so I actually prefer the standard seats in my '23 to the Recaro's I had in my '21. It'll boil down to personal preference, but don't expect S class quality or comfort from your Ford.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to put what others have mentioned into perspective.... Your Benz is a luxury sedan with amenities that one would expect in a automobile of that quality. Your Raptor is a truck. More specifically, it is a $30K truck that has $65K worth of crap on it that 90% of the Raptor owners will never use. I know I'm shattering an illusion but, in the end, we're better off if we're honest with ourselves.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Yeah.. interior looks good. Some of the parts are just laughably bad plastic like it was in my 03 F-150. Interior materials and stereo are my only complaints bout the truck

rlj676

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone expects luxury car interior just because recaro upholstered the seats lol. But for the f-150 it is the highest end look. The blue is unique and looks great w alcantara.