2023 Rear Marker Lights Inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GLF5

Reaction score
Both of my rear marker lights n the fender flares aren't working. There is another thread where someone mentioned their dealer had to order a replacement but in my case they are both not working and I find it hard to believe I have 2 bad lights .

As more 2023's are getting delivered I am curious to see if there are others with this issue and what the fix is. I will consider myself lucky if it's just the LED's but since they are both out I fear a broken wire someplace.

I'll likely do nothing for 6 months or so and let any other gremlins show their face before brining it in for a fix.

Thanks

OP
OP
G

GLF5

Reaction score
Why wait? Deal with them gremlins heads on, man and get your truck fixed.
This isn't urgent and because the process of brining the truck into a dealership is so painful to me, I'd rather wait to see if anything else surfaces in the first few months.

I can't imagine the mess they will make if they have to trace a wire issue from the front to the back of the truck.

For anyone reading this and had a similar issue, was it the actual LED or a wiring problem?

Thanks

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same worry. My front right just went out (worked fine first 1K miles). They are LED and should last forever. Your case is actually giving me hope that it's not a wire as that repair would be a gong show I'm sure. I unplugged the light right at the fixture and tried to take an ohm and voltage reading at the plug. zero on both which made me think wire somewhere but for a wire to just suddenly get cut??? I would at least think it would flicker with slight wire to wire contact if that was the case. Also, I was trying to read/find if the truck should alert me to a light being out?? I would think so. Anyway, I'm thinking I will plug into Forscan and reload several modules (lighting related) to see if it might be software now that you and another recent poster are having the same issue. I have an appointment for my truck this Wed to get it looked at/repaired. I will definitely post what they do/find. They want the truck for 8-10 days. I'm not liking that at all.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update, truck been with dealer for 10 days. They claim to have looked at it and the circuit is showing open so they now have to have the shop Forman start wire tracing. ARGH, I'm hoping they can show me where the break is for you as its just to coincidential that few if us are having same problem?

OP
OP
G

GLF5

Reaction score
Small update, truck been with dealer for 10 days. They claim to have looked at it and the circuit is showing open so they now have to have the shop Forman start wire tracing. ARGH, I'm hoping they can show me where the break is for you as its just to coincidential that few if us are having same problem?
Thats terrible pease keep me posted. Thanks.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well maybe some positive news, shop foreman said it is A bad ballast??? And the part is ordered. On national back order but got ford approval for emergency or something to get direct ship part from manufacture. guess I’m hopeful it is just a part and not wire but still not convinced. Makes sense though as you’re having a wire issue for two lights at the same time does not make sense either. Keep you posted

cjhoneyman

Reaction score
I just noticed my right front marker light was out on the drive into work this morning. Got out and banged on it (old school mechanic trick) and it flickered on and off a few times. I assume it's just a loose connection. I'll probably remove the fender liner and see if I can fix it myself rather than deal with a two week wait for the dealer to get me in and then tell me they need it for 2-12 days...

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed last night, my 3 marker lights in front are not working.
Looked at pics when I took delivery and I never noticed they werent on1E3BE38A-AA2E-4CE2-AF79-CB84A4DD9830.jpeg. :(