2022 Raptor blew up - 133 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bizarre. First Raptor (and Ford for that matter) and sometimes you read some of these posts and it's like "what am I buying? Can they be that bad?? LOL Obviously, it's not. My buddy has almost 40k miles on his Gen 2 with no issues. We here are a small sampling of the many buyers. Admittedly, the dealer said there have been many silly quality control issues on Ford vehicles lately... sloppiness, just some really bizarre things that they rarely saw before, so definitely some issues in the QA dept. at Ford, but most are easily fixable during the prep which they spend a bit more time on. They also own other brand dealerships and they say it's not as bad with those so Ford seems to be slacking a bit. All the shutdowns, partial builds, shift changes and whatever else likely contribute, but things like the OP experienced are rare.

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I owned Gen 1 and Gen 2 Raptors for over 10 years and I never once had to take mine in for anything more than oil changes. I sold my Gen 2 after 3 years for more money than I paid for it only because I needed a SuperDuty Tremor to tow my TT.

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All we know is that your truck stopped moving and there was fluid spilled. Do you have any updates from the dealer? Have you opened a case with Ford Customer Service?

People come here for information, we obviously want to see what went wrong and how it was fixed. Not have the thread derailed by a bunch of idiots bashing these trucks and acting like these are widespread issues.
I opened a case this morning and the rep was pleasant and seemed to understand my extreme disappointment having owned many Fords in the past, including a gen2. No word yet from servicing dealership. I dont expect to hear anything until later this week but hoping it’s sooner given the absolute mess, inconvenience and disappointment.

Another member with turbo issues gave me some good info on what to expect from Ford: expedited priority service, small compensation for out of pocket incidentals such as towing etc, and 5yr 75k mile ESP no charge.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I opened a case this morning and the rep was pleasant and seemed to understand my extreme disappointment having owned many Fords in the past, including a gen2. No word yet from servicing dealership. I dont expect to hear anything until later this week but hoping it’s sooner given the absolute mess, inconvenience and disappointment.

Another member with turbo issues gave me some good info on what to expect from Ford: expedited priority service, small compensation for out of pocket incidentals such as towing etc, and 5yr 75k mile ESP no charge.
That's good. Hoping it's not as complicated as sourcing and replacing turbos... just something simple, and you'll be on your way again quickly!

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Autonation sucks. Working for a big corporation provides no motivation for low level employees... service girl that answers the phones didnt even know who was working and who was there or wasnt there.... i mean, why even show up to work if you cant even do your job. Anyways, i did get a call from my service advisor who apparently was working today when the girl said he was off. He said Ford called and escalated the case. So the dealership got it up in the air this afternoon and found the trans coolant line completely disconnected. Not sure if it was improperly connected or what. They are going to go thru the trans thoroughly, refill, flush, and inspect coolant for any potential trans/gear damage and go from there. They did assure me they will be steam cleaning the entire undercarriage and detailing the heck out of the truck. I am going to push for an extended 5yr 75k mile ESP through Ford. Im fairly confident that the coolant line was the culprit as mentioned as #2 on the list of "items to look for" thread. Fingers crossed!!!!

Last edited:

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Autonation sucks. Working for a big corporation provides no motivation for low level employees... service girl that answers the phones didnt even know who was working and who was there or wasnt there.... i mean, why even show up to work if you cant even do your job. Anyways, i did get a call from my service advisor who apparently was working today when the girl said he was off. He said Ford called and escalated the case. So the dealership got it up in the air this afternoon and found the trans coolant line completely disconnected. Not sure if it was improperly connected or what. They are going to go thru the trans thoroughly, refill, flush, and inspect coolant for any potential trans/gear damage and go from there. They did assure me they will be steam cleaning the entire undercarriage and detailing the heck out of the truck. I am going to push for an extended 5yr 75k mile ESP through Ford. Im fairly confident that the coolant line was the culprit as mentioned as #2 on the list of "items to look for" thread. Fingers crossed!!!!
Can you post the contact information for opening a case for others that may run into issues down the line.

Had a feeling it was something 'simple' and let's keep fingers crossed for that. And yes Autonation sucks...would never buy anything from them (or Sonic).

OP
OP
kpecks

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post the contact information for opening a case for others that may run into issues down the line.

Had a feeling it was something 'simple' and let's keep fingers crossed for that. And yes Autonation sucks...would never buy anything from them (or Sonic).

Hoping for the simple fix but prepared for a long haul…

Ford corporate +1-800-392-3673 and get to an agent. Do not call roadside assistance.

Rick955

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great news! You'll be rocking in no time and this will be behind you... with perhaps something extra from Ford too!