2022 Order Banks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DoKnowHarm

Reaction score
just had a dealer tell me that Ford is prioritizing orders from customers versus dealer orders. Not sure how much truth there is to that. I have an order in today, guess i'll forget about it until it comes in.
Speaking as someone unscheduled from June and seeing countless dealer order VINs online I’d say this is not true at all.

tedthebear

Reaction score
unfortunately, just because an order goes to ford from a dealership and ford acknowledges the order, "accepts" the order, doesn't mean anything. That is just ford saying, yes we see this order in the system. Ford did not commit to build that order. Ford committed to building so many allocations which were handed out to specific dealerships. Some dealerships didn't get any, some only 1 or 2.
Bingo - I expect shady dealers and salesmen but Ford corporate should kick back the orders instead of letting them sit there. They don’t want to lose the order / sale but instead they’ll just leave customers completely in the dark. Talk about a sh*t business practice.

SAF

Reaction score

Speaking as someone unscheduled from June and seeing countless dealer order VINs online I’d say this is not true at all.

When I went in to order one, I did it knowing dang well that Ford wants to get their new products out there. When I placed the order, I knew that if they can squeeze my build in there, great. Not holding my breath on when it will arrive, but of course Ford has to get these things to the public and can’t prioritize custom orders.

With that being said, I’m confident not many (if any) have placed a custom order through the dealership I went to, especially for a 2022. Fingers crossed. Not much else I can do about it.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're saying someone who gets accepted in June can have theirs built before someone who got accepted in Mar? That isn't how it has been playing out.
sure it has . you think that everyone that ordered in june got theirs before other people that ordered in july or aug got theirs? sorry , it doesnt matter when it was placed it matters when its scheduled by ford and even then some can get a earlier build day that was scheduled after you. sorry that the way it works sometimes.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to my dealer. His regional rep. told him that he can place an order in a week or two only after the allocations will be done

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke to my dealer. His regional rep. told him that he can place an order in a week or two only after the allocations will be done
Yeah it sounds like allocations haven’t been issued for 2022 yet. So the banks being open means absolutely nothing…

coryatver

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like allocations haven’t been issued for 2022 yet. So the banks being open means absolutely nothing…
does it really matter if you submit an order early into the order banks? It just won’t get scheduled until the dealer has an allocation for it

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does it really matter if you submit an order early into the order banks? It just won’t get scheduled until the dealer has an allocation for it
Nobody knows man. I would hope the already submitted orders would roll right into the allocations, but I’m not optimistic just the way I’ve seen this stuff handled.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did submit my order to my dealer. They have a copy of my driver's license and I put a $1000 deposit down on my CC. Realistically, think I will see this vehicle in February or March. I wanted to lock in that price just in case the costs of this vehicle increases substantially. There really was a minimal price difference between the 21 and 22. I also feel like the interior upgrades along with the rear suspension really make the vehicle worth buying brand new over the high market value of the Gen 2. Im seeing Gen 2's selling for 65k, 10k below sticker of a brand new Gen 3.