2022 Ford Lightning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some how GM is stretching the laws of physics with the new Hummer EV being 9000lbs with 1000hp.

And this is going green and helping to save resources? Sounds like they created the ice Hummer all over again in a BEV. Wonder how range will work out. Hey I’m all for massive power and if you can move something that heavy that quickly, that’s something. But seems like burning electrons is in. How much is the Cybertruck going to weigh?

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm holding out for quad motor. Individually controlled motors. That would kick butt.

As to preferring thick, that's just sheep. :)

I think Rivian is doing that. Sooner or later that will be common.

Bahha bahha

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they're going for aerodynamics, why does the front end look like the side of a garage? You don't need huge airflow over a radiator anymore. Heck, they could make the front end look like the '41 Ford pickup. Talk about a styling change. Boxy pickups are ugly, no matter what you do to them. This would be a great chance to fix that. At the very least they could slope that hood down. Better aerodynamics and better visibility. Win/win.

Because they want it to look like an F150 for the most part and because they want to keep costs down by sharing as many parts with F150 as possible. Maybe they will make more significant changes, but I would not be surprised if they don't. A lot of people don't want a electric truck that doesn't look like a truck.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because they want it to look like an F150 for the most part and because they want to keep costs down by sharing as many parts with F150 as possible. Maybe they will make more significant changes, but I would not be surprised if they don't. A lot of people don't want a electric truck that doesn't look like a truck.
I forgot about the part sharing thing. That's huge, especially early on. When I grew up, all the cool trucks were from the '40s. Starting in the '60s, they became boxy and I still haven't warmed much to that shape. I think they're boring and ugly. Some are uglier than others. I guess if boxy trucks are all you've ever known, then boxy means truck and truck means boxy. I can see how they're a bit constrained at this point. And from an engineering standpoint, a box gives you the most amount of room inside to work with given that your volume envelope is box-shaped. And all of the manufacturers seem to be bent on looking bigger than the competition, so the box wins there. It always amazes me when you put a modern half ton next to a classic. It's huge. I wonder if the cyber truck will change truck styling for the better? I hope so.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems to me that...

The use of power just shifted; the use of Gas vs Electric.

We gained torque right? Are we still not dirtying up the environment? I am sure you cannot find it on google, but there was a man who invented an engine that ran off of ******* WATER.